Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh Issue.

R2Ropers

Reactions
Site
linktr.ee
Here's the basic's:
  • Lost Mini 2 last November. Unsafe conditions in winter preventing retrieving.
  • Contacted DJI, flyaways not covered at the time under Refresh program
  • Offered discount on new Mini 2-NOT a Refresh replacement
  • Purchased Refresh on second Mini 2 when I received.
  • Recovered lost mini 2 this summer
  • Went on DJI website to double check Refresh details for sending in broken drone and buying Refresh replacement
  • Refresh Not showing active for broken drone (expires 11/18/21)
  • Contacted DJI, they claim to have transferred original Refresh to 2nd drone (without notification and against Refresh program-Refresh binding to drone not transferrable)
  • DJI trying to claim they will refund Refresh on 2nd Mini 2, as 2 policies cannot be purchased. NOT honoring Refresh on 1st drone, and allowing a purchase of Refresh replacement, claiming they transferred Refresh (not allowed, NOT a Refresh replacement)
Any one have this issue, or have advice on how to get DJI to honor the Refresh agreement?

Thanks,

Ryan

I would try to contact a human, find out who their supervisor is, then who THEIR supervisor is and have it escalate as high as you can. Make notes, recordings, and save emails. All this can be useful if you care to pursue it instead of eaching the loss. We need to remember who we're dealing with and ask ourselves, would most American companies make internal mistakes and just blow us off? It's the corporate culture from you-know-where that sets these policies and sends instructions down to their minions, not to be overstepped.

But in another avenue... Sometimes TV news outlets have ombudsmen spots where they do "on your side" segments going up against corporate entities that use their size and scope as a shield from responsibility. You may want to contact your local TV news organization.

Here's the basic's:
  • Lost Mini 2 last November. Unsafe conditions in winter preventing retrieving.
  • Contacted DJI, flyaways not covered at the time under Refresh program
  • Offered discount on new Mini 2-NOT a Refresh replacement
  • Purchased Refresh on second Mini 2 when I received.
  • Recovered lost mini 2 this summer
  • Went on DJI website to double check Refresh details for sending in broken drone and buying Refresh replacement
  • Refresh Not showing active for broken drone (expires 11/18/21)
  • Contacted DJI, they claim to have transferred original Refresh to 2nd drone (without notification and against Refresh program-Refresh binding to drone not transferrable)
  • DJI trying to claim they will refund Refresh on 2nd Mini 2, as 2 policies cannot be purchased. NOT honoring Refresh on 1st drone, and allowing a purchase of Refresh replacement, claiming they transferred Refresh (not allowed, NOT a Refresh replacement)
Any one have this issue, or have advice on how to get DJI to honor the Refresh agreement?

Thanks,

Ryan
Because you took the discount on the new Mini 2 which is usually 30% off the price of a new drone, I would assume DJI considered the original drone lost and the case closed.

If you had purchased the second drone at full price then I think you would have a valid reason to send back the recovered drone and claim your Refresh replacement.

You already got a discount on a new drone and now you want DJI to replace the recovered one! If you thought you were going to be able to recover the original one you shouldn’t have taken the discount!

Chris

Reactions: Kilrah
Because you took the discount on the new Mini 2 which is usually 30% off the price of a new drone, I would assume DJI considered the original drone lost and the case closed.

If you had purchased the second drone at full price then I think you would have a valid reason to send back the recovered drone and claim your Refresh replacement.

You already got a discount on a new drone and now you want DJI to replace the recovered one! If you thought you were going to be able to recover the original one you shouldn’t have taken the discount!

Chris
I never reported the drone lost, and with the find my drone I had the exact gps location. I corresponded with them that I would be recovering it once the conditions were safe and their response was to send it back.
On top of that, the discounted drone was NOT a Refresh replacement, and when it arrived and I activated it, I purchased a Refresh for that drone. Refresh only transfers once a replacement is issued (this does not qualify)

Still, the discount is offered as a courtesy when you're out of options, but for that to make any sense the original basically has to be written off for good.

Reactions: Chrislaf
Still, the discount is offered as a courtesy when you're out of options, but for that to make any sense the original basically has to be written off for good.
It's the exact same as buying a new drone. They won't even let you transfer Refresh to another drone. This was not a Refresh replacement, the only time the policy would transfer.

As @Kilrah said the discount is offered when you are out of options, for example you can’t recover your drone. Expecting the Refresh replacement PLUS the discount you got on the new drone is asking more than the Refresh program covers.

The only way I could see you getting your Refresh replacement is if you reimburse DJI for the discount the gave you on the new drone.

Chris

As @Kilrah said the discount is offered when you are out of options, for example you can’t recover your drone. Expecting the Refresh replacement PLUS the discount you got on the new drone is asking more than the Refresh program covers.

The only way I could see you getting your Refresh replacement is if you reimburse DJI for the discount the gave you on the new drone.

Chris
Too bad DJI's correspondence from last year contradicts what they are trying to pull right now, and violates the terms of the Refresh program.
Now if they wanted to make it right, since they are acting like this is a Refresh replacement, then they can reimburse me for the difference of the new drone and charge me the $50.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78