DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Refresh or Amazon Protection plan?

Amazon: $34
  • No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
  • Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
  • Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
  • File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
  • Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.

DJI Refresh: $39

Provides two replacement units for a small additional charge in one year and covers a wide variety of accidents, giving you greater peace of mind. Click here to read our FAQ. ($40 deductible per incident )

At those prices I would have to consider double dipping since it appears the Amazon policy doesn’t come enforce until after the one year standard warranty expires... most crashes are new pilots and happen in that first year.

But Amazon claims coverage for incidental damage from day 1, which would not be covered under manufacturer warranty. I'd look at the fine print for exclusions for incidental damage. They might not cover incidental damage for drones.

How long is the term for that $34 and can it be renewed?

Note that Refresh Plus, besides giving you a single refresh in the 2nd year, extends DJI warranty all the way to when the Plus expires for most components, which makes it about 2 years. Many components only have a 6 month warranty.

Q: This plan pops up when i add the dji spark to my cart. will this plan cover the entire drone package for accidents?

A: Thank you for your question. We work with Amazon to make sure that our plans are offered where appropriate. We will work with Amazon to investigate this offering. In order to protect a drone, you would need to purchase one of our ASURION Drone & Ride On Accident Protection Plan. If you have any additional questions or concerns about purchasing an Asurion Protection Plan, please visit our web site at www.asurion.com/amazon, call us at (866) 551-5924 or email us at [email protected]. We’re here to help you, 24/7/365.

Asurion feedback support team

That’s what I did and I did not buy from Amazon. Gives me three crashes (2 + 1 for 2 yrs) at a reasonable price. Hope I never use it. My purchase from Walmart fell through but they never offered a warranty.
You also get an extended warranty with Plus for the 2 years.

Note that you can't use the third refresh until after the first year but like I mentioned, you have the warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS