DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh Timeline

Oyibo VFX

Reactions
Hey guys

As you know, last Saturday I've crashed the bird.
I have the refresh contract and thought it's nice to see and inform you about the progress.
Saturday, crashed and camera + gimbal separate from the drone. One motor damaged and blade missing and one broken.
Lots of scratches (will be covered by newly ordered skin) and some loose parts. Include the battery.
Not able to contact DJI

Sunday able to mail. Standard reply

Monday, finally able to contact DJI and received a case number. Because I'm in Nigeria, I cannot use the pickup from here. I will courier the drone to DJI Europe in Holland. Most likely later today

I keep you informed about the progress

Me

Sent from my iPhone 6S+ - Adventure is just bad planning

After a chat with DJI, I've couriered the drone, battery, two damaged blades and the damaged gimbal/camera to Europe. We'll see when it arrived

My Mavic was accepted by DJI Europe. Case number is active and working. So far so good

Well I getting a good douse of DJI Refresh now. I sent mine off on March 25 from NC to Ca, that took til April 3. Now it's the 5th and nothing has changed. What a time. My car # is
CAS-530079-N9X2R8

Thats about the right amount of time for it to get there. Within 2-3 days they should confirm receiving it, then 2-3 days later should get you an estimate of repairs. Even though you have Refresh, they should tell you the damage and then ask for $79 if its your first refresh. Then 2-3 days to confirm your payment and send you a new or refurbed one, then a week to get back to NC.

You'll probably have a refurbed Mavic back within about 2 weeks from now, maybe slightly longer if they repair yours. So, in all, your Refresh should take about 3-4 weeks door-to-door. Keep us posted.

I wish DJI had an east coast repair facility. It takes 8 days to get to Carson, CA from the east coast using UPS ground. But I guess its better than sending it to China.

Mine took over 6 weeks. Just got info that it was delivered at a collection point. But I'm skiing so need to wait to Saturday. Then I have 2 Mavic's. Now the Inspire 2

I live in 20-25 miles from the Carson repair site, it took 28 days (including weekends). I did not use a my Refresh Agreement. My repair was covered under warranty. The website timeline is misleading, but I remained patient.

I sent my original MP with no battery, and received a replaced (different SN#) MP with a battery. I'm not sure if that was the norm for the back log wait.

I live in 20-25 miles from the Carson repair site, it took 28 days (including weekends). I did not use a my Refresh Agreement. My repair was covered under warranty. The website timeline is misleading, but I remained patient.

I sent my original MP with no battery, and received a replaced (different SN#) MP with a battery. I'm not sure if that was the norm for the back log wait.

Can you share what messages you got from DJI along the way?

DJI usually says to send the battery along with a warranty repair unless it has been damaged, so maybe thats why they gave you a freebie.

Can you share what messages you got from DJI along the way?

Looks like the timeline on the RMA is standard. I wish they updated that when they have many repairs. The length of time happens occur during distribution once it's in the facility. UPS delivered it within a day, but it wouldn't be actually checked in within a week once its was delivered. It's easier to deal with support initially on the phone. I just checked in with progress from time to time with IM.

DJI usually says to send the battery along with a warranty repair unless it has been damaged, so maybe thats why they gave you a freebie.

My MP flew straight up, and hovered mid flight, and then stalled. I was able to catch it but I slightly bent the landing foot. The gimbal was shaken up as well. I talked to support and open up an RMA case. I sent it in as a repair versus the DJI Refresh. They told me to just send in the MP by itself without the battery. If I wanted to go the Refresh route, I would have to turn in the MP & battery. I wanted to see how much the repair would have been before using my Refresh. I only had the MP for 6 days, and didn't want to use the Refresh so soon.

Turned out it will be replaced under warranty from the analysis. I thought I may have done a CSC command. If you think the crash was not user error, you may get your MP covered under warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos