DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI REFRESH WORTH IT?

After you’ve gotten the two replacements cannot renew unless you buy a new drone

Dji refresh is your best bet. You crash, they send a new one. Great!!
If you read the fine print, sending you a "new" one is a option, not a gurantee. The 5 times I had to use Refresh I was sent a refurbished" Air, and each and every single one had an issue, and still does. I have been in direct contact with a half dozen customer service reps begging for a new one, here is the reply - key words "we cannot guarantee" Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 1.43.57 PM.png

Reactions: Droneology
I have a DJI Care Refresh claim active right now. This is for a broken gimbal after a tree jumped out in front of my drone and made it crash ;-) So far I have been really impressed with the speed of service and the excellent communication. My replacement drone is in transit and should be here in a few days. They said that my replacement is either new or refurbished but they didn't actually say which. They gave me a serial number. Does anybody know if there is a way of telling from the serial number whether it's new or refurbished? I'm happy with either as long as it works okay but just curious...

Reactions: Droneology
Nope. My first Air had a collision and they replaced it with a refurbished model. Worked okay for about 10 months then started having connectivity and control issues. 4 replacements later, all refurbished, and the problem has not been resolved. They refuse to send me a new one, so I’ve kind of given up. I will not purchase the plan should I ever get another DJI. Did I mention this ordeal has stretched over 2 months? Ugh!
Who is "they" , what insurance do you have?

That is totally false! SF has covered all kinds of claims without dropping coverage. And your statement about them increasing your other coverage is blatantly false. It’s a stand alone policy. Not only would it be illegal, but they don’t even look at your other policies if you have a claim.

One thing to point out...each state runs and dictates insurance departments, appointments and licensing making each state potentially have different coverages and types of policies.
With that said, in Ohio, increasing premiums on auto insurance must be directly related to your driving history as a factor. A drone has no relationship your driving record.......but again, each state is different. The only connection I can see is auto and drone fall under Property and Casualty insurance.
If you had multiple drones and you were the pilot with a bad flying history, the carrier may legally discriminate based on your history and decline coverage or raise your premium based on the history if the State allows that.

There are other insurance besides auto that have personal property coverage. Even auto insurance has comprehensive that would have little to do with your driving, but rather the location and how well you protect your property.

Property insurance coverage with drones would be more akin to coverage of cameras, but where the camera is handled in a risky manner.

If you're a homeowner most insurance companies will allow you to list a drone under a personal articles policy, $60-$30/year.

IMO this is the golden standard for insuring. It's cheap and they'll cover your drone no matter what, you simply call them up and let them know it crashed, fell into a lake, etc and you'll have a check in the mail covering the full cost. Problem is you only get 1 mulligan, as soon as you use it they'll send you a letter near your renewal date and inform you they're dropping the drone coverage.

Source: My experience.
Yes, but know the amount of the deductible. In my case the deductible is higher than the price of the drone.

Yes, but know the amount of the deductible. In my case the deductible is higher than the price of the drone.
Yes, one should read the fine print before getting insurance. In my case, it was $0 deductable @ $60/year and no questions asked by my insurance company.

I've got State Farm on my original MP my MP2 and my ipad mini4 for $90/years.
Covered for fly aways damage and theft

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian