DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji refresh yes or no

Hi,

You really need to look at the terms. At one time the controller wasn't included and it has to be repaired by an approved dealer. Its generally around 10% of the cost of the drone so you might find a cheaper insurance deal. The drone also comes with a warranty.

Controller still isn't included, or at least not for the M2. But then, how are you to crash the controller? It may be included as part of the extended warranty when you get refresh+

Ive taken it up and my Mavic Air is my first drone.
Lots of safety features that will stop you from crashing unless you are traveling too fast or going sideways.

Well, it's insurance, with a "deductible". For the Mavic 2 Pro, it's $139 for the coverage, and $119 for the first incident, and $139 for the second incident. Covers non-warranty damage.
Comes down to how risk averse one is.
If you don't have a lot of experience with drones or are clumsy, probably a good idea. If you don't have much experience, better to get a cheaper one regardless of getting DJI refresh or not and practice...

I do have a decent amount of [cheaper] drone stick time, but I'm personally thinking that an insurance policy on something this pricey is probably a good idea. Wacky things happen...

Last edited:
Reactions: David Bigcat Scott
Just like insurance, if you don't have it and you crash your drone, you'll really wish you would have bought it.
If you DO buy it, and then never need it, you might think, "Well, that was a waste of money".

But I've bought it with both my Mavics just because I know the peace of mind that I have when flying for that first year is worth the 27 cents a day to me. I've never had to use it. I also have a full coverage State Farm policy on the drones that I've never had to use. ($60/year - no deductible/no questions asked/full replacement)

Having "double coverage" on the mavic means far less anxiety when I fly, and having anxiety while flying around a $1500 toy really takes away from the joy of it.

If you have the extra discretionary income to spend on it, I highly recommend it. I've never needed it, but I've never regretted it.

I fly over water a LOT, so if something unexpected DOES happen, I know the drone will almost certainly be totaled and/or lost forever.

I didn't get DJI Refresh so I'm somewhat conservative when flying but I think that is a good thing. I also always take the time to perform a thorough pre-flight check before launching. As time goes on I will be doing more "over the water" flying - if I lose the drone in the ocean the insurance would not be applicable, so there's that as well.

If I feel that my flying skills are not improving because I'm being too careful when flying, then I'll probably get a cheap racing drone and totally go nuts with it. Those things are usually fairly robust and the spare parts are also cheap compared to DJI.

i bought it because ive probably had an ins claim each year for something i own, fishing gear, boats, cars, bikes, tools and camera gear. Im way ahead in terms of $ . my latest claim was my motorhome that burned down.
or you could be like my Bro-in-law who never insures anything, he has never made a claim :D (obviously)
but one day
many large organisations dont have insurance and choose to cover their losses. i cant afford not to have insurance

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason