DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI refresh

Drony_Drone

Reactions
If buying in UK from Amazon, when do you have to buy refresh? Can you buy it separate? Within a certain time? Before switch on?

Is it worth it? I’m presuming is as is £35 here in UK and as longer as have the Mini, no matter what state of crashed for example it’s £39 for first then £45 for second.

Is it only available for 1 year as well?

How many Mini owners buy it?
Thanks

If buying in UK from Amazon, when do you have to buy refresh? Can you buy it separate? Within a certain time? Before switch on?

Is it worth it? I’m presuming is as is £35 here in UK and as longer as have the Mini, no matter what state of crashed for example it’s £39 for first then £45 for second.

Is it only available for 1 year as well?

How many Mini owners buy it?
Thanks
In the US you must buy it within 48 hours of activating your Mavic Mini

I asked DJI support to send me some type of proof that I do really have my Care Refresh package, and they sent me this screenshot...

Screenshot_20200214_164023.jpg

Cool Cool

Reactions: Drony_Drone
That’s good, if want that proof as well, thought it would show in the app or profile as well maybe.

Take it most people buy refresh as well?

No I don't think you can actually see this information anywhere in the app, the only way I could get to it was via DJI Support...

Edit: I think that most people will be getting the Care Refresh, as DJI promises to replace our broken drones for a cheap price, and they promise brand new ones, not refurbished! I didn't have to think much about the Care Refresh! I mean since I got my Mini I haven't even come close to crashing it, I'm really super careful with this little gem!

Reactions: Drony_Drone
I bought Care Refresh separately from my drone. I just added it to the cart in the DJI store and put in my S/N during checkout. Worked nice. I bought it the same night I actually activated my drone

I bought Care Refresh separately from my drone. I just added it to the cart in the DJI store and put in my S/N during checkout. Worked nice. I bought it the same night I actually activated my drone

Just done that and on the cart on DJI Store it asks for S/N as you say on checkout thanks.

If I buy MM once I switch on I’ll buy straight away, it’s worth it I think

Reactions: Mavic_Mini_Pilot
In the US you must buy it within 48 hours of activating your Mavic Mini
I assume that means from the time you first connect the mini to the controller. I activated mine a couple times but haven’t flown it yet so I’m guessing I’m too late? When I had my mavic pro the app prompted me dji refresh was available but the fly app didn’t prompt me and it slipped my mind when checking out the settings in the app.

Well, about the Airports, I flew out my balcony door, and balcony and took my Mavic Mini up to 200m above Sofia! The view is truly breathtaking! Also when I got up there I turned towards the airport and could see the airplanes on the ground, some of them as I live about 5km from the airport. I attached a screenshot of the video, when I was turned towards Sofia Airport.

I really do love to fly my Mini so very much...

PS: next milestone 250m above Sofia. Not sure how I'll achieve that as I lost connection when doing a pirouette at 200m altitude above my building kinda.View attachment 94216
This is just reckless and dangerous flying of being 3 miles from an airport and over 650 feet agl and you say you want to go over 800ft with loss of signal inevitable?
Is there any common sense in the world any more?
There really are no words.....

What does this have to do with the original topic which is DJI Care Refresh in any case?

Last edited:
This is just reckless and dangerous flying of being 3 miles from an airport and over 650 feet agl and you say you want to go over 800ft with loss of signal inevitable?
Is there any common sense in the world any more?
There really are no words.....

What does this have to do with the original topic which is DJI Care Refresh in any case?

Reckless in your country yes, here in Bulgaria there are no rules! We just have to be be sensible and responsible adults - that's all.

So call me reckless when I come and fly 5km from the airport in your country, not mine..

Reckless in your country yes, here in Bulgaria there are no rules! We just have to be be sensible and responsible adults - that's all.

So call me reckless when I come and fly 5km from the airport in your country, not mine..
850 feet agl, 3 miles from an airport is reckless in ANY country and shows no responsibility whatsoever. Irrespective of a countries laws.

850 feet agl, 3 miles from an airport is reckless in ANY country and shows no responsibility whatsoever. Irrespective of a countries laws.

Not sure which planet you live on bro..

Firstly you can't say Irrespective of the laws, because the laws are there for a good reason, just saying that you're being irresponsible!

The rules have to be followed, especially when they are laws - and whatever you say to counter this will just make you look... ...bad!

If you check nicely, not sure if you can do that, you will see that all countries have their own rules and laws for flying drones close to Airports. In Germany you can fly your drone 1.5km from the Airport!!!

I'll actually give you some info, so you can see the variety of acceptable flying drone near airport distances.

Germany - 1.5km or 0.93 miles
Switzerland, Denmark, Norway - 5km or 3.1 miles (that's like my case)
France - 10km or 6.2miles (in Paris you cannot fly at all anywhere except on private property)
Portugal - 2.5km or 1.6miles
Spain - 8km or 5 miles

So the above research means that different countries have different rules and regulations, in Germany you can be a mile form the Airport and fly. Of course there are other countries like France who have suffered from drones in the past, and hence the 10km from the Airport and forbidden flying in the Paris City altogether, except on private property.

So I still don't think I was reckless at all bro! Would you tell the German government they're all reckless for allowing 1.5km from the airport?

PS: at 200m you cannot see nor hear the Mini, so how is this reckless? What danger do I impose, and on who and what?

I don't feel like using more energy on this, but you get the point.

:)

Reckless in your country yes, here in Bulgaria there are no rules!
You seem unaware of your own countries UAV regulations..
Written permission for recreational flights appears to be required.

Last edited:
If buying from Amazon UK, and leave MM switched off and not activated, can you still get refresh?

Just I’m thinking of buying now as low stock, but weather is rubbish and so it might sit there for a week or 2 before I switch on?

Thanks

I purchased the care Refresh as this is my first ever drone so made sense.

You can purchase it online within 48hrs activating the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54