DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refubs - How soon after release of a new model does DJI offer these?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

A question for long timers - What is a realistic time frame for MA2 refubs to appear in the DJI store? For example, DJI don't seem to be offering refub Mavic Minis yet and the Mini has been out for what - 5 months now? Is this typical? Atypical? Any insights would be highly appreciated, Thanks!

I guess the prerequisite for refurbs is having enough 'bodies' handed in via Care Refresh and warranty to enable rebuilds / repairs to happen.
Should be plenty of Mini bodies around, aart form the ones unrecoverable from uncommanded descent losses.

But I imagine COVID-19 has interrupted repairs etc quite effectively for up to 3 - 4 months now.

I would think if the MA2 is a decent aircraft with no bugs etc, it might be quite a while before they hit the shelves.
Still a couple of weeks until people get their hands on them too.

Thanks Oz! I was surprised there were no refub minis yet but yeah, COVID-19 may indeed be the issue here.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
No worries, guesswork really, who really knows DJI marketing strategies except the management there.

The other thing I feel would apply though, is they won't want to spoil the intro period, and sell refurbs when the new ones are still a novelty / new aircraft on the market.
They might bank them up, mainly to use as warranty and Care Refresh replacements, then if enough in stock, they would consider releasing a small % as refurbs for sale.

Maybe the Mini bodies are in that first stage still, using them mostly for warranty / Care Refresh replacements.

Your post makes a lot sense. As you say we can't really be certain but it seems it is unrealistic to expect refub MA2s in the market before a year, give or take a month or two. Many thanks again OZ!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507