DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI releases new drone 'Tello'

All over the place for black Friday and Christmas and I'm sure soon enough again. I'm pretty sure some people were getting them for $280 at Target.

OK, and the Tello will be all over the place for $70 over Black Friday and Christmas. You have to compare prices NOW. :)

Reactions: Rock2D2
Reminds me of some of my Nano’s but with more punch.
You know you guys want one! Is it because DJI is attached to it?
It could be the big boy mini toy! Just it having the VPS has got to be something worth purchasing. And you can toss it? Why not? I’m in for one and curious.

This is interesting (from DJI's webpage): "Tello is currently compatible with the Gamesir remote controller or Apple MFi - Certified Bluetooth remote controllers."

I just want to fly it around my house. Since it’s just essentially an ATTI drone and can’t go haywire in a house like my Spark/Mavic, I’m so in for some house fun with this thing.

Reactions: Big Jon
i wonder if tellopilots.com domain has been purchased?

Pre-ordered at BH Photo! Let’s start the pre-order thread!

I’m with WilliamG, can’t wait to fly this thing in the house on those rainy days while stuck on boring conference calls! :)

Reactions: Big Jon

I’m with WilliamG, can’t wait to fly this thing in the house on those rainy days while stuck on boring conference calls! :)

Riiiiight?! Good call on B&H! Preordered! :D

Why do you think they partnered with Ryze? Seems like they didn't need anybody, unless they didn't want to put both feet into this crowded market space.

I did suspect this though. They now have a winning drone at every price point.

Why do you think they partnered with Ryze? Seems like they didn't need anybody, unless they didn't want to put both feet into this crowded market space.

I did suspect this though. They now have a winning drone at every price point.

Yep. I mean hello. I didn't even know how drones work until a few weeks ago, yet I managed to buy a Mavic and a Spark within days of each other (Fly More combos), numerous accessories, Litchi app, and now - mere weeks later - a Tello on preorder.

No wonder GoPro has abandoned their drone market. You can't compete with DJI (which actually is a bad thing, of course).

Reactions: Mavic Johnson
...No wonder GoPro has abandoned their drone market. You can't compete with DJI (which actually is a bad thing, of course).
Yup. They probably have close to 10,000 employees now. They have more people working on just propellers than a startup will have on the entire product. Plus they are likely subsidized by their government and if not just have an overall lower cost work force. It is a force to be reckoned with.

They make great drones, but I do wish there were some viable competitors out there.

FYI, if you have an Android phone, you can check out with Google Pay using the Chrome browser (for a limited time) and it takes $10 off $50. So the Tello becomes $89 shipped! Just re-ordered using the discount. :)

Reactions: microlinux
Cute little booger! but what is that cage?
tello1.jpg

FYI, if you have an Android phone, you can check out with Google Pay using the Chrome browser (for a limited time) and it takes $10 off $50. So the Tello becomes $89 shipped! Just re-ordered using the discount. :)

Thanks for the tip, now I can buy a couple of beers to celebrate!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev