DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI remote id

No, recreational or non-recreational UAS flights aren't determined by what airspace you're in, they're determined by intent of the flight. Part 91 would only define the airspace, not the intent of the flight.

I'm not following your logic. Am I missing something?
FRIA is basically going to be where those community/recreational flights will be occurring that don't have the remote ID. The r/c guys would have a fit if they had to add remote id to their amateur builds and register all of them. They did complain about all that. While a FRIA isn't exactly airspace, it is just a remote ID exclusion zone monitored by some local organization. But for the rest of us, anything over the 1/2 pounds for the drones and quads would have to have remote ID.

Now remote ID doesn't tell one drone or the other drone to look out for each other. That's what is should be doing, similar to ADS-B, but even that is putting traffic avoidance on the pilot instead of the regional center/airport. And they can watch your enroute flight (flight following). They're more worried about who's flying than what they are doing to prevent incursions.

Now by the airspace definitions of part 91, you'd end up in some airspace, even if it is only E or G. Oh looky guys, there's a quad flying around in class A. He's gonna take down those jet liners full of 100 passengers yet (Drone maybe yes, quad I don't think so). But if you are in uncontrolled airspace, the FAA shouldn't care about whether you are taking photos for the furtherance of a business. You should know whether you are in an airspace or not, but the FAA shouldn't care what you are doing unless you have to get a clearance for B,C or D. B is a real pain, because it takes up a radius of 50 miles around (even down to surface).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998