DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair Service

KelloggKid

Reactions
Have any of you in the US had experience with DJI Repair Service? They have one if my drones in for repair and I'm growing concerned.

My MA took an uncommanded excursion into a tree. A few week later during a wind storm it fell to the ground. The only obvious damage was the top plastic shell was partially peeled off and the camera gimbal was damaged. I sent it into DJI Repair Service over a month ago. They checked it out right away and quoted me for a new shell, gimbal, and labor. I paid right away and yet still 5 weeks later I do not have my drone back.

After 3 weeks I sent an email inquiring as to status. A few days later I got a reply that they were having difficulty with the gimbal calibration software and were working it out with DJI. When another two weeks had gone by I send an email which was never answered so I called and was told that they were waiting for VPN software from DJI. I"m probably naive, but the only VPN software I'm aware of is use to mask your identity when you are browsing on the web. I waited another week and called again and got the same story. I was promised that they would contact DJI right away and then follow up with an email telling me what they found out. That was a couple of days ago and still no email.

In summary,

They have my MA and a few hundred of my dollars.
It has been 5 weeks now and no resolution.
They don't return emails inquiries.

Is this typical of them? They have a first class website and what appears to be a great business model. Are they just over worked? What should I do at this point?

Agreed. DJI's own support/repair website is actually horrible so if this place has a good website, it isn't DJI themselves.

Reactions: hunterws
I was going to send it to Thunder drones but someone pointed out that they were no longer allowed on this forum and that this new outfit (not part of DJI proper) was supporting this forum so I checked out their website, liked what I saw and sent it off. Not sure what to do next. For anyone interested here is their URL..... DJI Drone Service - Your Drone Repair Shop

Sorry for problems. I guess you will have to keep chasing them. I will surely avoid them. Their web page does look impressive so I can see why you would try them. My experience with DJI direct has been good.

VPN's are just private networks that work across the internet. They are very common for normal business purposes (for example, if you work at home for a large company, you might use a VPN to connect to their network with your home computer). DJI Drone Service is probably setting up the VPN between them and DJI (china) for some legitimate purpose.

Regarding the delay without proper communications, that is absolutely unforgivable. There are times when product or service is not available quickly. It happens. But communications are free and easy. Lack of communications is a sign of a poorly run company. You probably will eventually get the drone fixed properly, as I think this company has done so for many others here. But I'm making a mental note, and if I see more of these I'm avoiding.

BTW, I haven't been around here long, but I assumed DJI Drone Service was not directly affiliated with DJI.

You would never know that looking at their web page or seeing their unsolicited ads on face book. They are pretending to be DJI just look at their name. I think some kind of trademark infringement is being committed here.

Fixed that for you. But really, DJI benefits from having somebody else handle service, and we do too. So it's unlikely DJI would pursue. And, I think this repair service is probably a good company fallen on hard times or overly busy and understaffed (1 guy?). I don't think there are any bad actors here.

Reactions: Thomas B
You would never know that looking at their web page or seeing their unsolicited ads on face book. They are pretending to be DJI just look at their name. I think some kind of fraud is being committed here.
Must disagree. They simply limit themselves to DJI drones. Their only claim is that technicians are certified through DJI. The DJI logo never appears. Slander is also a tort.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well you have a right to disagree with me, but based on what has been reported here they have not acted in good faith. Certified by DJI? Does DJI know of them and sanction their site, it should be asked of them especially by the one who doesn’t have his money or drone after weeks with out either. I sent mine for repair directly to DJI after speaking to them on the phone describing my problem and got it back in less than two weeks.

Well you have a right to disagree with me, but based on what has been reported here they have not acted in good faith. Certified by DJI? Does DJI know of them and sanction their site, it should be asked of them especially by the one who doesn’t have his money or drone after weeks with out either. I sent mine for repair directly to DJI after speaking to them on the phone describing my problem and got it back in less than two weeks.
I have had a similar good experience with DJI repair services. Agree that contacting any repair service after sending one’s drone is a good idea.

My only point was that there does not appear to be any attempt on the website of the company to mislead anyone into thinking they are DJI.

I have had a similar good experience with DJI repair services. Agree that contacting any repair service after sending one’s drone is a good idea.

My only point was that there does not appear to be any attempt on the website of the company to mislead anyone into thinking they are DJI.
See I guess I have a hard time with words. When you say above that you had a similar experience with DJI repair service are you referring to the DJI company I used or the one complained about here? I guess if the company was called “Tom’s DJI drone services company I wouldn’t be confused. I hope that Kellogg kid gets it all worked out and is happy with them and comes back to tell us all that.

See I guess I have a hard time with words. When you say above that you had a similar experience with DJI repair service are you referring to the DJI company I used or the one complained about here? I guess if the company was called “Tom’s DJI drone services company I wouldn’t be confused. I hope that Kellogg kid gets it all worked out and is happy with them and comes back to tell us all that.
I used DJI, it was a DJICare replacement.

I also hope the OP gets it worked out.

Slander is also a tort.
  • it's libel, not slander, if it's written. A little pedantic I know.
  • Even in Arizona, Americans have a 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech, and that includes ANY opinion. If a statement starts with "I think...", it's not slander or libel. We have a right to voice our opinion and Americans should rush to defend that right - that 1st amendment to the constitution is by far the most important of all.
  • To be complete: this forum is not "public space" and does not need to adhere to constitutional law. I.e., it's legally OK if the forum staff decides to suppress all negative comments regarding vendors.

Reactions: Possums
@djidroneservice is an outstanding and reputable company. Also they are quick to respond (or they have been with me) and have great communications.

I've tagged them so they can come to this thread and give some more input.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo