DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI repair

trentcctx

Reactions
Not a happy camper with DJI repair service. Had a little crash that broke left rear arm at motor. Contacted CS on how much would it cost to repair the arm. Was told that way they work is for me to send in for analysis and will give me a price quote after. Explain that I was going on trip first of June and couldn they make repair in time. Standard reply from the 4 to 7 days. Within 1 hour receive free shipping label to send to repair location around Dallas Tx area. Took 1 week for them to provide a quote. 2 hours labor plus parts to replace all legs. Reply’s back that only wanted left rear replaced. Their reply was that all four were broken. Worried about time decided to go ahead with repair
What they did was placed my serial number on another drone and sent back to me. No way to tell if was new or refurbished. (Mine was only 2 month old). Noticed other repairs was always 2 hour labor no matter what.
IAnyone else had this problem

What was the problem exactly?

It needed one new arm/motor and they quoted all 4 to cover the cost of sending a refurb drone instead of just fixing it like they should be. Perhaps spelling things like “boi” has hampered your ability to read proper English?

Are you sure it is the same serial number? Because it would be odd for them to stick your old serial# on a new or refurbished one. Never heard of any manufacturer doing that actually. But DJI can be odd.

It needed one new arm/motor and they quoted all 4 to cover the cost of sending a refurb drone instead of just fixing it like they should be. Perhaps spelling things like “boi” has hampered your ability to read proper English?
I would seriously review your original post before judging anyone else's English. I doubt they fix anything. Just swap out broken parts for new parts or working parts off another returned drone. Pretty standard practice. I do agree that if only one motor/arm was broken, then that seems a little odd. Did they explain the exact failure on the other 3?

If I need repairs in a DJI product. Even if it have warranty. DJI will be my last resource. We have in this community thunderdrones, who repair Mavics. I will deal with him first and see if can be repair at an excellent price.

Yeah. For a broken arm, maybe sending to thunderdrones would’ve been a cheaper option. If your drone have the same serial number, it won’t be refurbished. More than 2 hrs labor to go through that hassle. It’s not as simple as just sticking a new label. The electronics and pairing with remote etc would be different.
Should take photo of your drone before sending them to DJI. At least you’ve proof only one arm needs replacing. Perhaps it was just standard DJI protocol, just in case some repairer replaced the wrong arm and send it back. Haha.

Reactions: trentcctx
Had 2 other sticker in bat compartment next to see numbers and they were missing. I think you nailed it about protocol. By way didn’t send in remote and had to pair it

Not a happy camper with DJI repair service. Had a little crash that broke left rear arm at motor. Contacted CS on how much would it cost to repair the arm. Was told that way they work is for me to send in for analysis and will give me a price quote after. Explain that I was going on trip first of June and couldn they make repair in time. Standard reply from the 4 to 7 days. Within 1 hour receive free shipping label to send to repair location around Dallas Tx area. Took 1 week for them to provide a quote. 2 hours labor plus parts to replace all legs. Reply’s back that only wanted left rear replaced. Their reply was that all four were broken. Worried about time decided to go ahead with repair
What they did was placed my serial number on another drone and sent back to me. No way to tell if was new or refurbished. (Mine was only 2 month old). Noticed other repairs was always 2 hour labor no matter what.
IAnyone else had this problem

Last edited:
See what happen when you assume *** u me something which is exactly what I did concern ing the ser. no. It was different number. So they charged 2 hours labor to cover cost of either refurbished or new unit. No way of telling

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato