Join Us Now

Dji screen share not finding iPad

shire

Reactions
here’s the setup.
IPhone X running DJI screen share.
iPad Air 2 usb connection to r/c.
Both have latest IOS version.
Both are both are on the same 2.4 ghz Wifi network.
Both have Bluetooth off.

Mavic Pro and controller bot updated with latest firmware.

The screen share app doesn’t see the iPhone X. Never shows up on the devices list.
I’m stumped

Are you running the app on both devices?

Do you understand that it's not a DJI app and it doesn't just connect to DJI GO?

You're better off contacting the developer if you're having issues.

Not sure why you'd run the app on both devices. I did try that though. I've also tried using the iPad and the iPhone on the R/C. Nothing either way.

Hard reset both ios devices. Recheck that they are on the same wifi

After rebooting both iPad and iPhone, I was able to get them to talk to each other. Numerous tries and I did manage to get the iPhone screen to display video from the camera. The result was unusable with smearing, artifacts, partial image, etc.
I’m going to try the Litchi Vue.
I’ll report.

Remember that any WiFi tethered option is going to be subject to the interference from the RC and drone.

Turning on my Mavic at home effectively kills WiFi here.

Really! My Wifi is not affected at all by the Mavic. Is is possible your router is on the way out?

It's a standard Virgin Media Hub 3.0, and isn't the most powerful device.

However, the primary reason is the fact I live in the UK and use the increased TX modification.

here’s the setup.
IPhone X running DJI screen share.
iPad Air 2 usb connection to r/c.
Both have latest IOS version.
Both are both are on the same 2.4 ghz Wifi network.
Both have Bluetooth off.

Mavic Pro and controller bot updated with latest firmware.

The screen share app doesn’t see the iPhone X. Never shows up on the devices list.
I’m stumped
You cannot use hotspot on either of the devices which are connecting for screen sharing. Instead you need a third device that is providing the hotspot network. Not sure if you are using hotspot, but just an FYI.

Reactions: SMI
Sent an email to their support team. I have tried several times with Mavic Air and my Inspire 1. I have an iPhone XR, XS Max, and iPad. Nothing ever works. Can get devices connected but never see any image from DJI Go or DJI Go 4 on second device. .... App store other users reporting app doesn't work also. Makes you wonder if DJI simply isn't support external developers of other Apps to force us to buy second controllers or Why APPLE wouldn't test stuff before allowing on their store. :( Will let you guys know if The Developer ever answers and I can get it to work. In the mean time .... does anyone know of a good working App or solution?

You cannot use hotspot on either of the devices which are connecting for screen sharing. Instead you need a third device that is providing the hotspot network. Not sure if you are using hotspot, but just an FYI.
I'm not sure if it is available in IOS, but there is such a thing as ad-hoc Wi-Fi where two Wi-Fi client devices connect to each other. Also one in hot-spot mode effectively makes it an AP. However it is possible IOS only allows it's hot-spot clients to connect to the internet and not allow access to the local resources such as an app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee