DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI selling drone tracking software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was a way to use one of my older 72 or 50 mhz FM radios. That would make it pretty much invisible to all this 2.4 snooping.

Reactions: dewster
More reasons to stay on .400?

I 'm not sure it has much to do with firmware. Most of the data is probably what's already being transmitted. For all we know, extra capability may have been built in "long" ago.

I guess we'll see, but I at least agree with the principle of the idea at this point.

Reactions: dewster
Man...your drone knows where home is. And now Aeroscope will snitch lol [emoji23]

I bet you just fire it up and can see location, direction of travel of the drone as well as the location of the pilot.

Sounds like as soon as you turn on your private drone, anyone with this software can see it.

It's not just software, it's a hardware receiver. And from what I have read, it's not available to the general public.

Still, enjoy the wide open skies while you can, boys! After the Blackhawk incident in NYC and now the plane in Montreal, I think they will start to move faster on getting more regs out there for hobby fliers.

Reactions: KiterTodd
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78