DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your drone will soon be narcing on you

According to the article it's already being done

"AeroScope works with all current models of DJI drones, which analysts estimate comprise over two-thirds of the global civilian drone market. Since AeroScope transmits on a DJI drone’s existing communications link, it does not require new on-board equipment or modifications, or require extra steps or costs to be incurred by drone operators.Other drone manufacturers can easily configure their existing and future drones to transmit identification information in the same way."

My next UAV will not be dji.

"AeroScope works with all current models of DJI drones, which analysts estimate comprise over two-thirds of the global civilian drone market. Since AeroScope transmits on a DJI drone’s existing communications link, it does not require new on-board equipment or modifications, or require extra steps or costs to be incurred by drone operators.Other drone manufacturers can easily configure their existing and future drones to transmit identification information in the same way."

If this bothers you, then get rid of the majority of your personal electronics as well. Companies will "spy" on us no matter what anymore.

I just deal with it and protect myself as best as possible. In this case, follow FAA guidelines at all times.

I carnt wait until the next big drone company comes out with somthing better than the mavic. Considering they can already do this on on existing dji drones its frustrating to not know this before buying.
Now everyone will know what we are up illegal or not from 7km away.
DJI are notorious for introducing these nanny features into there firmware updates and now this? There market share will erode rapidly if they continue this.

Reactions: Mystiko and KentA
DJI technology isnt exactly ground breaking. There are 10s of other companies doing very similar things. Wont be long before they catch up.

Reactions: dancedance
tenor.gif

That’s the least that DJI is doing. But as stated, they are not alone in this info harvesting.

Do you use a credit/debit card?
Do you have a Gmail address and use Google maps? Do you use your credit card to fly, take a train, bus or train? Do you use loyalty cards at the grocery store?

Congratulations, you are being tracked.

Unless you are independently wealthy, keep your money in a mattress, don't drive, dont use credit cards, banks, healthcare, or a cell phone.......you are being tracked.

I don't have a problem with such things like surveillance cameras everywhere, what I have a problem with is the restricted access to those camera feeds. Why is it that whenever some horrific event like Las Vegas shooting happens, suddenly there is no surveillance recordings? It seems to me that the more surveillance being done, the more leverage an ever shrinking number of people have over everyone else. Some certain few want monopoly over everything, including information.

Poison the well.

For the people who dont mind this level of surveillance and in support of it:

I bet 99% of all drone pilots have broken the law in one form or another intentionally or unintentionally. Whether it may be VLOS, 5km NFZ from areodrones, 120m height restriction heck theres a full thread about range Leaderboard. So anyone in support of this dictatorship of a company, I hope u enjoy your freedom while it lasts because this hobby will get so restrictive that no ones able to have any fun!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollow Dog
It’s not a matter of being in support or not. It’s being aware. And my belief is that it will not lead to restrictions of banning. It’s to useful a data stream for BB

It’s not a matter of being in support or not. It’s being aware. And my belief is that it will not lead to restrictions of banning. It’s to useful a data stream for BB
Give them a cookie and they will ask for the milk. Once restrictions are put in place its very hard to remove. So careful what u agree to.

Give them a cookie and they will ask for the milk. Once restrictions are put in place its very hard to remove. So careful what u agree to.

Yeah there's a lot of it's already happening so what's the big deal about some more attitude going on here.

And for the ones with the you're being tracked now information gee thanks I didn't know anything about that.

Reactions: mpa
Yeah there's a lot of it's already happening so what's the big deal about some more attitude going on here.

And for the ones with the you're being tracked now information gee thanks I didn't know anything about that.

I'm not condoning tracking/surveillance because it is happening elsewhere. I'm just pointing out that it's nothing new.

I think we all have to fight back against all forms of tracking, and we can accomplish a lot of this by being more active in resistance to it. I do a lot myself, the biggest thing I do is not having any social media presence at all. This has started to become a big deal for travelers like me -- sharing your opinions online can actually limit your ability to travel in some places.

The future of privacy looks grim. Anything that I say or do online that involves using my real name is squeaky clean.

Reactions: Soft7
Personally id love it if my drone and the others broadcast something, ideally ADS-B compatible. It would help massively with traffic deconfliction and safety point of view.
Im struggling to see a down side to this.

Reactions: sar104
Personally id love it if my drone and the others broadcast something, ideally ADS-B compatible. It would help massively with traffic deconfliction and safety point of view.
Im struggling to see a down side to this.

unless ATC have means of communication to you then its laughable that airlines will divert due to a pesky drone. likely outcome, u hit a plane, u go to jail. you should never be in any airspace to begin with
if this does actually occur there will be thousands of drones atc will have littered on there screens and need to now look out for, best way is rules and legislation to combat this issue
lets be realistic here

Last edited:
Just CYA on DJIs
Do you use a credit/debit card?
Do you have a Gmail address and use Google maps? Do you use your credit card to fly, take a train, bus or train? Do you use loyalty cards at the grocery store?

Congratulations, you are being tracked.

Unless you are independently wealthy, keep your money in a mattress, don't drive, dont use credit cards, banks, healthcare, or a cell phone.......you are being tracked.

Success breeds complacency.
Complacency breeds failure.
Only the paranoid survive.

Glad to see that you've resigned yourself to the machine.

unless ATC have means of communication to you then its laughable that airlines will divert due to a pesky drone.

Why airlines? VFR traffic is much much more of a problem.

likely outcome, u hit a plane, u go to jail. you should never be in any airspace to begin with

You do realise that drone users share airspace with manned users on every single flight?

if this does actually occur there will be thousands of drones atc will have littered on there screens and need to now look out for, best way is rules and legislation to combat this issue
lets be realistic here

Not heard of filtering or automation? You know, the same systems now that stop birds showing up?

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky