DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your drone will soon be narcing on you

No more intrusive than having a smartphone or using Facebook or Twitter.
Those cameras all along the road? They are probably scanning your license plate as you drive by. The black box under the dash of your car is also recording numerous parameters similar to a flight data recorder. Those vehicle black boxes are mandated by US federal law.
Have a WiFi “smart” electric meter?
Have a “smart” TV?
Using a tablet or laptop with a microphone and camera?
We are already being surveilled, bugged, tracked, tapped. A little late to start worrying and complaining.
Not condoning it, it both pisses me off and scares the hell out of me. Just pointing facts out.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell
Never have his prophetic words been more applicable than in the world we live today.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell
Never have his prophetic words been more applicable than in the world we live today.

Big Brother is watching!

No more intrusive than having a smartphone or using Facebook or Twitter.
Those cameras all along the road? They are probably scanning your license plate as you drive by. The black box under the dash of your car is also recording numerous parameters similar to a flight data recorder. Those vehicle black boxes are mandated by US federal law.
Have a WiFi “smart” electric meter?
Have a “smart” TV?
Using a tablet or laptop with a microphone and camera?
We are already being surveilled, bugged, tracked, tapped. A little late to start worrying and complaining.
Not condoning it, it both pisses me off and scares the **** out of me. Just pointing facts out.

But wouldn't you rather be informed than ignorant of the fact?

But wouldn't you rather be informed than ignorant of the fact?

Well, we are informed now. I agree that it's ethically abhorrent when companies do stuff like this. However, with technology advancing as fast as it is I just go in with the knowledge that I am being tracked, and take precautions as best as I can.

I am again not surprised to see yet another forum where there are people worried about the government keeping track of everything we do.
Get real you foil hat hugging psycos! Who do you suppose is assigned to look over all your digital records? How many people does "the man" have employed to look over every bit of data that is transferred in a single day? I bet it would take 1 person to read everything 3 people do. The only thing you have to worry about is saying or doing something that is flagged as Criminal.
if you ARE doing criminal things, you deserve to be caught.

No point in worrying about it. The only way to prevent it is to live like a caveman, and even if you did that you'd probably have David Attenborough and his film crew following you around as a newly discovered 'lost tribe'

Reactions: TheoMatthias
you should never be in any airspace to begin with
If you're outdoors and off the ground, you are in "airspace." All space not under a roof or other structure is classified by ICAO one of the designations A, B, C, D, E & G. While it's not technically illegal to fly in any of these airspaces, A doesn't begin until 18,000 ft, so it would be hard to get there unless you're launching from one of theworld's highest peaks, and I doubt that there's enough air pressure to give your Mavic lift there.

Give them a cookie and they will ask for the milk. Once restrictions are put in place its very hard to remove. So careful what u agree to.
i dont think we have a choice about agreeing to it.
Having said that, there is always ways around this if you look around..

just don't update your firmware, install a firewall on your device & fly in airplane mode. or - do like i do - use a 100% offline device as a monitor.

I can in a small, and I reiterate SMALL, way see the need for Authority being able to track drones.
As you do get the complete idiots who really wreak havoc with their inconsiderate flight habit spoiling it for the rest of us "responsible" pilots in the Joe Public's eyes..
My 2c

I am again not surprised to see yet another forum where there are people worried about the government keeping track of everything we do.

yeah - it's the government --- the CHINESE government. as crappy as it is for own govt. to be watching us - i see no need to willingly provide my data to a foreign country.

currently building my own to escape DJI's evil grasp.

Reactions: KentA and Forrest
sadly, it won't help security at events at all. someone can walk into best buy, plunk down $1000 cash, strap some ordinance on it & away they go.

it is impossible to regulate crazy people & bad behavior.

Reactions: Hollow Dog
Surprised they didn't used the "its for the children" BS line like they do here (USA) to influence the ignorant.

Reactions: Brojon
Call me crazy, but regulation seems better than prohibition. We should know by now how that works. I don't think accountability is too high a price to share the airspace – any other aircraft has that requirement, why should we be different?

Reactions: AKflyer
Just CYA on DJIs

Success breeds complacency.
Complacency breeds failure.
Only the paranoid survive.

Glad to see that you've resigned yourself to the machine.

I would believe that if I did not know you were watching me.

Get real you foil hat hugging psycos! Who do you suppose is assigned to look over all your digital records? How many people does "the man" have employed to look over every bit of data that is transferred in a single day? I bet it would take 1 person to read everything 3 people do. The only thing you have to worry about is saying or doing something that is flagged as Criminal.
LOL - man, you need to read up a bit more. Ever hear of Echelon and Carnivore? That tech could read every email, listen to every phone call, intercept every radio wave and analyze in **** near real time for intelligence in form of keywords and context. Got all our allies upset when it was discovered they were being monitored - and that was decades ago.
With the AI we have now I have absolutely no doubt capabilities are even greater.
You really haven't given much thought to the issue saying stuff such as I highlighted above. "Criminal" is defined as an action in conflict with law. Laws are written by people who want to control and regulate - concepts of justice or "wrongdoing" has nothing to do with law. I'll take one that's near and dear to us all - flying near an airport. There's nothing intrinsically criminal or wrong about doing so. There is a risk that someone who is malicious, unskilled, careless or just plain stupid could cause a loss of life by their actions. Now in an ideal world people are prosecuted for actions they commit that actually lead to a criminal result. In the modern world however laws are written to make the very act itself criminal regardless of intent or outcome.
Understanding the difference is important.

Reactions: Dw911
Call me crazy, but regulation seems better than prohibition. We should know by now how that works. I don't think accountability is too high a price to share the airspace – any other aircraft has that requirement, why should we be different?
Accountability comes after a result - not before.
Besides - you would seriously equate a chunk of electronics laden plastic weighing a few pounds at most capable of limited flight range with a even a dinky Cessna?
Might as well compare an RC model car with a Lamborghini.

There are so many laws (with more coming all the time) that anybody would be lucky to make it through a week without breaking one.
They have you under there thumb if they want to push down.

Reactions: Dw911
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy