DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI sent new drone, diff serial number, old one was insured through state farm.

badchocobo

Reactions
Not sure where to put this. Here it goes. My old DJI Mavic pro was insured through State Farm. However it had some issues that were covered under warranty. I ended up bypassing State Farm and going through DJI since warranty issues are not handled by state farm. Either way I decided I would go through DJI. DJI ended up sending me a brand new drone with a different serial number. The thing is when I got the original Mavic insured they require a serial number and stuff. Since this new drone has a different serial number should I call up State Farm and tell them to update the serial number? Or because of different serial numbers, will this new drone even be insured in a literal sense according to the rules? Or will they require me to open up another policy? Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Now later on down the line I could see where things could get even more fishy. Like say in the future I crash and then send it for repairs and pay DJI to get it fixed and DJI ends up sending me a new one again. The thing is I would ONLY use State Farm in the utmost last resort since once they cancel you then ur pretty much out a legit insurance for good or they'll mess with your other rates. The only thing is then I would need to keep switching my serial numbers with my agent, if that's even possible? Though ive never crashed ANY of my other drones ever, nor my Mavic. I just need some advice here.

Last edited:
Reactions: REO’s MavAir
Yes you should call State Farm...my SF agent is also a family friend and that was her recommendation to me a while back.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I insured my Mavic at SF and never had to give my serial number. Must be different depending on the agent. Happy flying...[emoji16]

Reactions: REO’s MavAir
I did not have to give serial numbers or receipts but I would think you need to give them updated serial numbers if they required one up front .

Yes you should call State Farm...my SF agent is also a family friend and that was her recommendation to me a while back.
Exactly. Call or email your agent, tell them the Mavic was replaced under warranty and you need to update the serial number on your policy. Don't put it off, because if you make a claim and the serial numbers don't mach you're screwed.

Abdolutely call them and give them the new serial number, this way if you need to revert to them for coverage of any damage you would not get hassled.

Yea insurance agents don't bite! Hahaha! People replace things on policies all the time. Its an easy adjustment to make. I've changed drones on my policy 3 times in less than a year! Oh and 2 Go Pros as well.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me, DJI sent me a "new" Mavic, I called State Farm, the just changed my policy, sent me a new policy listing the change

Exactly. Call or email your agent, tell them the Mavic was replaced under warranty and you need to update the serial number on your policy. Don't put it off, because if you make a claim and the serial numbers don't mach you're screwed.
This is what I would do, ask your agent for advice tell him/her you just want to do it correctly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore