DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller... prices just jacked up by $100(@$749) INSANE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure the price of the m2p with the sc didn’t go up. Why would that be? Its
Not because they are already here because mine has been delayed for 10 days as of now.

I'm glad I decided to purchase the Zoom with Smart Controller package when I did. The thing to see is if they come to a deal and the tariffs come back down, will the prices?????

The SC was overpriced to begin with. Now, it's just silly. The only way to combat this is to decrease the quantity demanded.

they are selling out so fast it was there only option to slow down sales.
then when demand goes down.... so will the price.

they are selling out so fast it was there only option to slow down sales.
then when demand goes down.... so will the price.
Sounds to me like DJI is creating a shortage in their product to justify increasing the price! The same thing happens in the RC plane industry.

Reactions: Former Member
Sounds to me like DJI is creating a shortage in their product to justify increasing the price!
They haven't been in stock for some time now, so that's likely not the case.

The U.S. is no longer a manufacturing economy. Therefore there will always be a trade imbalance.
You don't understand. If we can get our wages down to the Chinese level the US economy will blossom. Nothing wrong with a few sweat shops here and there. Of course, then those slaves, ahem, employees will not be able to afford the goods they produce but it will Made America GRATE again!

The U.S. is no longer a manufacturing economy. Therefore there will always be a trade imbalance.

Remember that trade does not only include hard goods, but services as well. If China were to be made to pay intellectual property royalties for all the illegal iPhones and all the pirated copies of Windows, the trade imbalance might improve by a hair. Unfortunately in Asia, intellectual property owned by foreign companies is neither protected nor enforced.

I was listening to a broadcast on NPR today, and the discussion was about how China today is what Japan was in the 70's for the USA. There was a huge hard goods trade imbalance between Japan and the USA which led to American resentment, and huge tariffs on Japanese goods. How did Japan fix that? They opened manufacturing or assembly plants in the USA. These days, all the major Japanese car manufacturers have plants in the USA, even though the profits (or losses) go back to Japan.

Back to your point that the US is no longer a manufacturing economy, I agree, its not as big as it was, and most Americans are happy about that. I believe its upward mobility, and thats not always a bad thing. Most people would rather be sitting in an air conditioned office, working 9-5 M-F, and have their kids go to college. Chinas middle class is growing, and soon they will start to want the same things Americans have. Big cars, lots of vacations, more material things. In 100 years, they arent going to want to do manufacturing either. Technology will catch up with them, and unless their lower class gets more education, there is going to be a widening disparity between the rich and the poor.

Reactions: ff22
Taking this one step further... fast forward a few (dozen) years. China is being made to pay exorbitant tariffs on their goods exported to the USA. China decides to open plants in the USA. Durable goods trade imbalance lessens, more blue collar jobs created in the USA, Detroit is reborn by the nouveau working class. China turns into a service economy. USA standard of living goes down by people being forced to work at lower level jobs just to pay the bills after losing their service jobs to China.

Last edited:
who cares about something we have very little control over. all I care about is my health and the health of others.

Now you’re talking pipe dream, almost wet dream ?

Taking this one step further... fast forward a few (dozen) years. China is being made to pay exorbitant tariffs on their goods exported to the USA. China decides to open plants in the USA. Durable goods trade imbalance lessens, more blue collar jobs created in the USA, Detroit is reborn by the nouveau working class. China turns into a service economy. USA standard of living goes down by people being forced to work at lower level jobs just to pay the bills after losing their service jobs to China.

Must be those **** unions that brought America down. The nerve of them protecting workers from dangerous working conditions, sub standard pay, abusive managers, etc. Think how all those former UAW wothers who lost their jobs when Corporations moved manufacturing to Mexico are doing so well now asking, "Did you want fries with that?"

Apologies for the political rant brought on by Aero's myopic view.

Marty
I didnt see this earlier or I would have replied.

Yes, at one time, the unions did play a vital role in protecting workers from slave labor, unsafe working conditions, and the institution of fair wages. However, they have at times, reached far beyond that goal to a point where in some cases, they have hobbled companies from forward progression.

It is part of the reason that many automakers have moved to other countries.

The "myopic" view is yours, in believing that American companies will forever be able to sustain the kind of union demands we have today. The well will eventually run dry. Let's see how well you feed your family with the copy of the union contract you undoubtedly bear to light at the merest transgression when the company doors are shut for good.

I didnt see this earlier or I would have replied.

Yes, at one time, the unions did play a vital role in protecting workers from slave labor, unsafe working conditions, and the institution of fair wages. However, they have at times, reached far beyond that goal to a point where in some cases, they have hobbled companies from forward progression.

It is part of the reason that many automakers have moved to other countries.

The "myopic" view is yours, in believing that American companies will forever be able to sustain the kind of union demands we have today. The well will eventually run dry. Let's see how well you feed your family with the copy of the union contract you undoubtedly bear to light at the merest transgression when the company doors are shut for good.
There are no definitive or simple answers to this issue. Companies move operations out of the US even when making a profit. The other factor is simply that technology has moved fast and eliminated jobs that are now automated. The bottom line is the BOTTOM LINE and companies will almost universally take advantage of workers in favor of owners/investors. I was a small business owner and former unon member. Fortunately for myself and employees my vision was when my workers were respected for their innovations and paid well the owner benefitted.

Reactions: ff22
I traded/upgraded my m2 standard controller for the Smart Controller this past week for a net difference of $350. Based on the recent hike in price to $749, I’m even more stoked.

Upon receipt, I upgraded the f/w to current with Assistant2 on my PC, sync’d it to my m2z and made several test flights without any issue.

Although I have always used my iPad mini4 64GB and MavMount up to this point, I could not be more pleased with performance and ease of use.

$749 would be a “hard stop” for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett