DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Smart Controller with the new Mavic Mini 2 with OcuSync 2.0 ?

Is about time from DJI release a new firmware to make it compatible.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
I have received the Mini 2. I tried linking it to the Smart Controller. It would not link. This is after updating both the Smart Controller firmware and the DJI Fly App with updates that happened yesterday.

Here's what happens:
• Open the DJI Fly App on the Smart Controller, you are given a choice between the Mavic Air 2 and the Mini 2
• Select Mini 2, it gives you the normal instructions about how to link by pressing the button on the Mini 2 for 5 seconds
• The Mini 2 beeps, indicating it is in linking mode
• The Smart Controller beeps (effing incessantly) for 60 seconds while it looks for the Mini 2
• It never finds it

I suspect this would work if you were trying to use a different controller, the same type that comes with the Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2.

Just like the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom, we had to wait a number of weeks after the release of the aircraft before an update was provided to the CrystalSky, which is basically what the Smart Controller is. Since the DJI Fly app is already updated, maybe all that needs to be released is another firmware update to the Smart Controller that 'flips' the switch and allows the controller or app to see the Mini 2 that is trying to link.

There are plenty of people who wonder why you would be purchasing an $800 remote for a $400 drone. The rationale is that some people already have the Smart Controller that works with many other aircraft models, or they want a system that does not rely on having to use a removable mobile device. I can tell you that the construction of the Mini 2 is better than the original and can definitely see the Mini 2 being used commercially as a very inexpensive way to get a camera in the air.

I asked to DJI and there is nothing official, they just say, stay pending in news.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
There are plenty of people who wonder why you would be purchasing an $800 remote for a $400 drone. The rationale is that some people already have the Smart Controller that works with many other aircraft models, or they want a system that does not rely on having to use a removable mobile device. I can tell you that the construction of the Mini 2 is better than the original and can definitely see the Mini 2 being used commercially as a very inexpensive way to get a camera in the air.

One controller to rule them all. Makes it easier traveling with multiple drones.

Last edited:
Nothing yet.

It may be possible to update Fly on the SC, but the firmware for the RC part of the SC will also need to be updated, just as it was needed for the MA2 RC.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S