DJI Spark Q&A (Your Questions Answered)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Q: When will the DJI Spark start shipping?
A: The first orders are estimated to start shipping on June 15th.

Q: When can the DJI Spark be purchased?
A: You can pre-order the DJI Spark right now from here from DJI or here on Amazon.

Q:
Does a remote controller come with the DJI Spark?
A: The base $499 package does not include the remote controller. For now, you must buy the Fly More Combo if you want the remote controller. DJI has the DJI Spark remote controller listed here for $149, but it's not available for purchase yet.

Q:
Is the DJI Mavic Pro remote controller compatible with the DJI Spark?
A: Tahoe Ed confirmed it's not compatible here.

Q:
What's included in the box?
A: The base DJI Spark package includes the DJI Spark aircraft, 6 props, 1 battery, battery charger, micro USB cable, and a storage box.

Q:
What's included in the Fly More Combo?
A: The Fly More Combo includes everything in the base package, plus 2 extra props (8 total), 1 extra battery (2 total), remote controller, prop guards, battery charging hub, and a should bag.

Q: Which new flight modes does the DJI Spark include?
A: The following new flight modes are included: Coordinate & Direction TapFly, QuickShot (takes professional shots for you with Rocket, Dronie, Circle, and Helix), and new PalmControl, Follow, Beckon, and PalmLand Gesture modes. You can see the flight modes in action here and here.

Q: Are the DJI Goggles compatible with the DJI Spark?
A: Yes, they will be compatible after an upcoming DJI Goggles firmware release. The DJI Goggles connect to the DJI Spark remote controller via a USB cable.

Q: Is DJI Care Refresh available for the DJI Spark?
A: Yes, it's available for $59. See more details here.

Q: What is the range of the DJI Spark?
A: ~10 ft when flying with hand gestures; 328 ft (100 m) distance & 164 ft (50 m) height when flying with a mobile device; 1.2 miles FCC (500 m CE) when flying with the DJI Spark remote controller.

Got a question that you cannot find the answer to? Ask it below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roaddogg
For a first time drone owner, would you advise getting a Mavic or the Spark?

I spoke with DJI today. They told me that support would be added to use the Mavic controller with the Spark. I'm also hoping that Epson will support the spark with the BT-300 glasses (should work). At any rate, the spark looks very cool. I ordered the flymore combo this afternoon...

So I heard from a video that you can't use sport mode without the remote..

For a first time drone owner, would you advise getting a Mavic or the Spark?

If you have the money get the Mavic. It's going to be just as easy to fly, much more capable in almost every area and overall it is a better value for your money.

Rob

msinger is the Spark also eligible for DJI refresh and if so have you heard a price?

Rob

If you add to cart on the US store it offers you to add refresh.

What is activetrack maximum speed?

Can you use phone/wifi for activetrack (or is it as stupid as Mavic that it only works about 80 m from starting point with wifi)?

I will buy this small Drone when it will be compatible with my Mavic Controller. 300 g. allows you to fly anywhere without restrictions.

I will buy this small Drone when it will be compatible with my Mavic Controller. 300 g. allows you to fly anywhere without restrictions.

Are we talking about in the US?

....Because I thought 300g =.6614lbs...

Isn't the lower threshold .55lbs?

Will it be possible to use an Ipad with the spark controller using a mount?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom