DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI stop making Drones

Only in early days of P4P release i had Go4 crashes....nowadays i dont have any type of problem with it, using iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPad Air 2 and iPad 2018.

With Android is another story....not good one!

It's not Android that's the problem, it the models you might have tried.
There are good Android devices that run the app perfectly.
Well ive tried Samsung S8...so i think it is really high end...

Reactions: Aumoe
Well ive tried Samsung S8...so i think it is really high end...
Lots of people have problems with Samsung - that doesn't prove anything at all about Android.
Ask anyone who has used the Huawei M3 or M5.

Lots of people have problems with Samsung - that doesn't prove anything at all about Android.
Ask anyone who has used the Huawei M3 or M5.
Im not trying to prove nothing just wrote my experience...its clear that IOS is more stable for DJI, everyone knows that!

And I guess I will invest another $300 on a new/used cell phone making my investment in a drone over $2000.
It seems that you re annoyed at the price. I can only say if I’m spending that much money and it “IS” a lot of money for you, then I would research to ensure I have compatible devices before purchasing, using it with a device that is not recommended, and then complaining about the issues arising from being incompatible

Im not trying to prove nothing just wrote my experience...its clear that IOS is more stable for DJI, everyone knows that!
Sorry but it's not clear at all and just continuing to push a silly myth which does not stand up to any study.
If you asked anyone who uses either of the tablets I mentioned, you would find that they run the app perfectly without a glitch.
I've been running those tablets hard in professional use for a year now and still haven't noticed any instability.
Other tablets might be just as good, but they couldn't be any better.
The often repeated idea that only iOS tablets run the app properly is a myth that can't be supported.

Reactions: Dragonfly
It's my understanding that Apple and DJI are a perfect match. Apple ios one platform android many different platforms each manufacturer has their own version of android plain and simple.

An confirm. Have flown over 100 hours with either iPhone 6 or iPad and have almost zero issues when flying.

Go4 frequently crashes on me regardless of device while trying to view videos/photos after a flight.

I fly 2 different Mavics utilizing 3 different iOS devices with various versions of software/firmware.

Apple and DJI are a perfect match.
The same as DJI and a good Android device is a perfect match.
Apple ios one platform android many different platforms each manufacturer has their own version of android plain and simple.
While there are many different Android devices, the OS is standardised.
The manufacturers add their own frills and apps but the operating system is the same.

Reactions: Dragonfly
From DJI Mavic Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI:

APP / LIVE VIEW
  • iOS V4.3.0
    Requires iOS 9.0 or above.
    Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.
    Optimized for iPhone X.

Android V4.3.0
    Requires Android 5.0 or above.
    Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

So, not as compatible with a regular Samsung S8? Because that's what i have and would explain why my connection is always garbage.

So, not as compatible with a regular Samsung S8? Because that's what i have and would explain why my connection is always garbage.
I do know that a lot of users have trouble with Samsung devices and configuring them properly is a factor.
I haven't tried your machine so I don't know how well it works or not.
I do know that the tablets I use work just fine straight out of the box and perform flawlessly.

I use the S8 on occasion and have had no issues.

LG is obscure? Wow I know its only been around since the 60s but obscure is not a word I would have used for it.

You bought a 1300 dollar drone without reading up on what it needs for peripheral equipment to take full advantage of the technology?

I'm sure your friends will be impressed with your paperweight.

Not every Android device will work with a DJI product, Cheap out on the processor, memory and other things and you will know it when the app crashes and the drone is 2 miles out ....

LG, formerly known as Lucky Goldstar or Goldstar makes crappy products IMHO

I use a sub 300 dollar Motorola phone and it works great btw

Motorola is made by Lenovo, the folks that bought IBM's PC manufacturing operations

Last edited:
Wow. Lots of fanboyism in this thread.

Here's a really honest opinion. The Android devices everyone is using in this thread are perfectly fine. It's actually the Android version of Go that is pure crap. It's the code not the phones which are really capable. The iOS version is far more optimized and is clearly something they paid more attention to. It still runs like crap on anything older than a Mini 4 however.

Here's proof: The Mavics themselves actually are running a version of Android so it's clearly a software issue with the Go. Reversing Mavic Pro Firmware

Using a Xiaomi note 5. Cost about 180. No lag and no crashes. My previous Xiaomi note 2 works perfectly as well. I don't get why people want to get expensive phone. I flew with my DJI goggles and don't look at the phone much.

And I guess I will invest another $300 on a new/used cell phone making my investment in a drone over $2000.
You can get an iPhone 6 for much less than that or go the bit bigger and get the 6s which will work flawlessly. Been using my 6 for 2 years with no trouble at all on the old Mavic and now the Mavic 2 Pro.

Reactions: Jimmytpi
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. This phone is fantastic and I have never had an issue with it running or utilizing any other software or hardware. Just because DJI doesn't work on it doesn't mean its a bad phone. I think it says more about DJI then about LG. And I dont know if you read this forum, but I am far from the only person complaining about connection, download and app crash problems.
I used to fly with my Samsung Galaxy S8+, which is an approved device, and I stopped because of connectivity issues. I switched to an iPad Mini 4 and have had no trouble since. To be clear, I HATE Apple devices. The iPad Mini 4 is the only one I own (after years of iPhone and iMac use). But the problem with flying DJI drones with Android is that (1) every manufacturer like LG and Samsung have their own implementation of Android software, (2) your cell service provider decides when you get the updates, and (3) DJI has a known bias towards Apple products. There is nothing wrong with your phone. As for theiPad Mini, I only use it for flying. The larger screen is more immersive and I enjoy knowing that it won't disconnect on me during a flight. It's also not a cell phone, so I won't get a call or text to interrupt me and cover my screen. I paid $300 for a used one on ebay with 128GB a year ago.

Reactions: Jimmytpi
Maybe the problem is the cable? Are you sure that it’s a verified Data cable?
Never had any probs with Apple controllers for any Drones

Sorry but it's not clear at all and just continuing to push a silly myth which does not stand up to any study.

It's crystal clear. Right on the box the drone came in.

Attachments

• IMG_7449 copy.jpg
    IMG_7449 copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard