DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Support confirms Mini 3 existence, video of the shell is online

Coskier

Reactions
The new video of the Mini 3 frame shows those large bumps on either side of the camera that we first saw in the "leaked" image from OsitaLV. This points to a very different gimbal design if real.

I'm pretty sure the bit with the two circles is the rear of the shell, if it's going to fold the same way as the other Mini family members.

I'm pretty sure the bit with the two circles is the rear of the shell, if it's going to fold the same way as the other Mini family members.
The shell in the video pretty much exactly matches the leaked photo. The two circles would have to be in front as the open battery area is in the opposite end.

C56BA9ED-24BE-4D42-AD37-CCEDB3C5876A_1_201_a.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 3.18.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 3.16.51 AM.png

Source @DealsDrone Twitter

Reactions: Dronut
I'll be getting one for our trip to Europe this summer.

I think I will get two Mini 2's when the 3 drops, if the price of the Mini 2 goes down, of course.

Same here, I hate obstacle avoidance and a bigger sensor with better image quality not to mention better wind resistance sucks as well. I'd probably get 3 mini2s just to spite myself :)

Same here, I hate obstacle avoidance and a bigger sensor with better image quality not to mention better wind resistance sucks as well. I'd probably get 3 mini2s just to spite myself :)

Thumbswayup

Hilarity aside, i'll get a Mini 3, but a couple of Mini 2's would be great for my kids, if they price them down to get rid of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: test2000Anafi
I am pretty sure the second hand price for mini 2 will drop a lot. But you never know how often those drones have crashed
That's very true. But if I can get a couple of Mini 2 at a reasonable discount after the Mini 3 comes out then it's a great learning drone for my kids. They're constantly wanting to fly my helicopters and I haven't been letting them, and their birthdays are coming up in May and June, so we could be on to a winner. A Mini 3 for dad and two Mini 2's for the kids. I think it's a perfect bonding exercise.

I can upgrade them to Mini 3's down the line, once they're competent, assuming they are still interested, and we can share parts too.

That's very true. But if I can get a couple of Mini 2 at a reasonable discount after the Mini 3 comes out then it's a great learning drone for my kids. They're constantly wanting to fly my helicopters and I haven't been letting them, and their birthdays are coming up in May and June, so we could be on to a winner. A Mini 3 for dad and two Mini 2's for the kids. I think it's a perfect bonding exercise.

I can upgrade them to Mini 3's down the line, once they're competent, assuming they are still interested, and we can share parts too.

I had a Syma Chinook for a while that was a lot of fun to fly indoors. Looks like they may not be made anymore, but a search on Amazon for Syma Helicopter turns up a lot of inexpensive options for kids to learn flying on. If they master one of these, the drones will be no problem at all.

Reactions: Pondhopper
I had a Syma Chinook for a while that was a lot of fun to fly indoors. Looks like they may not be made anymore, but a search on Amazon for Syma Helicopter turns up a lot of inexpensive options for kids to learn flying on. If they master one of these, the drones will be no problem at all.
Yeah, not a bad idea. They've got a couple of the micro Blades to go with dad's Blade 400 and Fusion 480 but being small, the micro Blades never really captivated them. Maybe a slightly bigger heli might be a good stop-gap.

Depends on the camera, price, and specs, I might get one next year!

Reactions: Pondhopper

My strategy was to crash my Mini 2 flying backwards into a tree, so I could have it for spare parts after replacing the aircraft.

A sound strategy.

:cool:

The aesthetic design feels very much like the Wacky Races model of a DJI drone:

maxresdefault.jpg

I'll have to get one for that reason alone :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member