DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji support - good news story

If you don't know, you probably shouldn't. It's a secret only known to the braintrust of this thread. ;)

However, a little searching back through the discussion -- not very far -- may initiate you as another Oracle of DJI support facilities... Taco stands...
Okay looking back I get it

Good news story - DJI SUPPORT - Mavic Pro went swimming

Firstly - I believe the Mavic pro is marketed as a high-end beginner/intermediate drone and is targeted at people that want to fly a quality drones and as such highlights easy to use features like flight modes, RTH & obstacle avoidance etc it also adds the extra reassurance for beginners with the DJI refresh plans.

I posted a crash video awhile ago and it meet with some pretty negative (unhelpful "I'm a pro flyer") feedback all pointing the finger to me saying that it was my fault. (for a number of different reasons) however in my defence the Mavic pro is "almost" marketed as "crash proof" and in the unlikely event that it does crash DJI will replace/fix it.

Now I know that's not exactly correct but its the image sold to me when purchasing & I'm sure many others feel a similar way when making the $2000 purchase.

The Mavic pro also gives you a lot of confidents because it is so user friendly & simple to fly it seems you can literally take it anywhere that CASA lets you go.

So 6 days after with 4 hours flying time under my belt my mavic went swimming in toxic, illegal to swim in river in the heart of my beautiful city Melbourne, Devastated.

Link to the video -

These were some of the responses from my crash video that was posted.

- No I didn't hit the bridge
- There were no warning signs going off prior to crash
- Batteries clipped in & charged
- Full line of sight - less than 50m away
- Was not a landing because I was flying to low over water / Yes I had my downward sensors on - where does it tell to turn off in the manuals?
- Yes it was a big metal bridge & powerlines on top - but no tutorial's, manuals or beginner guides tell you not to fly under bridges - plus line of site so if gps kicked out atti mode should have recovered it?
- Best for last - pilot error

What actually happened

- Flying beautifully - failing like a rock - swimming with 3 eyed toxic fish [emoji226]

So it sunk into the beautifully muddy free flowing Yarra river and it was gone...

I Emailed support straight away & sent the story of what happened with flight log and video.

I knew they didn't replace if you couldn't send back a unit.

I had no insurance either because I though DJI REFRESH was enough. This is wrong.

**** I recommend CGU insurance with portable extra's cover and accidental damage cover **** Australia [emoji1037]

Some back and fourth for the next 2 weeks between myself and a very friendly "Maggie Hu" from dji support.

Then arrived a very exciting email! Stating that they would like to offer 100% replacement coupon.

WOW - so relieved!

3 days after that the coupon arrived for the website, I placed the order however it was a 10-15 day wait for shipping [emoji854]!

I emailed chat to see if I could pay more for express shipping - they said unfortunately not at this stage.

Then Amazingly - 2 days later it was ready for pick up at my local post office! - they had put it in express for me, No charge!

Thank you DJI support, this is the reason I trust your brand please continue the good work.

My constructive criticism would be the 2 weeks turnover & 3 days for a digital coupon - this time line could be improved.

My advice for anyone using DJI Support - be polite & Patience
I just passed out in shock!!
I sent my Goggles back due to a fault and even tho they acknowledge receipt of it they have done nothing for 2 weeks. I'm regularly emailing them etc but nout.

If you don't know, you probably shouldn't. It's a secret only known to the braintrust of this thread. ;)

However, a little searching back through the discussion -- not very far -- may initiate you as another Oracle of DJI support facilities... Taco stands...

Hey - Watch who your calling a brain trust!

:cool:

You living down under are lucky to have DJI in Melbourne. You have a dedicated service center serving 23 million people. We Americans are stuck with Cerritos, CA and they are the worst, one service center serving 321 million people.

we do not really need a DJI here in Perth WA, we have you ;)

Firstly - I believe the Mavic pro is marketed as a high-end beginner/intermediate drone and is targeted at people that want to fly a quality drones and as such highlights eView attachment 15267 asy to use features like flight modes, RTH & obstacle avoidance etc it also adds the extra reassurance for beginners with the DJI refresh plans.

I posted a crash video awhile ago and it meet with some pretty negative (unhelpful "I'm a pro flyer") feedback all pointing the finger to me saying that it was my fault. (for a number of different reasons) however in my defence the Mavic pro is "almost" marketed as "crash proof" and in the unlikely event that it does crash DJI will replace/fix it.

Now I know that's not exactly correct but its the image sold to me when purchasing & I'm sure many others feel a similar way when making the $2000 purchase.

The Mavic pro also gives you a lot of confidents because it is so user friendly & simple to fly it seems you can literally take it anywhere that CASA lets you go.

So 6 days after with 4 hours flying time under my belt my mavic went swimming in toxic, illegal to swim in river in the heart of my beautiful city Melbourne, Devastated.

Link to the video -

- Was not a landing because I was flying to low over water / Yes I had my downward sensors on - where does it tell to turn off in the manuals?
- Yes it was a big metal bridge & powerlines on top - but no tutorial's, manuals or beginner guides tell you not to fly under bridges - plus line of site so if gps kicked out atti mode should have recovered it?

What actually happened

- Flying beautifully - failing like a rock - swimming with 3 eyed toxic fish
emoji226.png

So it sunk into the beautifully muddy free flowing Yarra river and it was gone...

I Emailed support straight away & sent the story of what happened with flight log and video.

I had no insurance either because I though DJI REFRESH was enough. This is wrong.

**** I recommend CGU insurance with portable extra's cover and accidental damage cover **** Australia
emoji1037.png

Some back and fourth for the next 2 weeks between myself and a very friendly "Maggie Hu" from dji support.

Then arrived a very exciting email! Stating that they would like to offer 100% replacement coupon.

WOW - so relieved!

3 days after that the coupon arrived for the website, I placed the order however it was a 10-15 day wait for shipping
emoji854.png
!

I emailed chat to see if I could pay more for express shipping - they said unfortunately not at this stage.

Then Amazingly - 2 days later it was ready for pick up at my local post office! - they had put it in express for me, No charge!

Thank you DJI support, this is the reason I trust your brand please continue the good work.

My constructive criticism would be the 2 weeks turnover & 3 days for a digital coupon - this time line could be improved.

Firstly - I believe the Mavic pro is marketed as a high-end beginner/intermediate drone and is targeted at people that want to fly a quality drones and as such highlights easy to use features like flight modes, RTH & obstacle avoidance etc it also adds the extra reassurance for beginners with the DJI refresh plans.

Link to the video -

What actually happened

- Flying beautifully - failing like a rock - swimming with 3 eyed toxic fish [emoji226]

**** I recommend CGU insurance with portable extra's cover and accidental damage cover **** Australia [emoji1037]

WOW - so relieved!

3 days after that the coupon arrived for the website, I placed the order however it was a 10-15 day wait for shipping [emoji854]!

tmp-cam-1151590438.jpg

Sorry if you feel I'm rude or arrogant but here what I'm thinking about what happened to you :

I have no DJi refresh policy
I have no home insurance covering my MP

But I have insurance to cover damages I can create to others while flying

And I have 35€ float gear

And I will Never flight above water without.

And beside all of that I also have a brain.

I don't see the point of creating dangerous situation like "under the brige (losing gps)" in addition to "above a water".. For what? Try your luck?

I'm definitely happy you get a bird back for free, but imho you not really deserve it even if DJI device fail.... You also fail somehow

Last edited:
Okay I have to tell my actual good story with DJI! It's not a great story but it's actually unbelievable and I'm still scratching my head considering what I've gone through in the past with DJI!
So anyway here's the deal I crashed on the 25th of June since I underestimated my battery I was coming down for landing from my set height of 90 ft and the battery cut out at about 50 ft hit the ground broke off one of the arms and screwed up the gimbal I'm guessing cuz it kept failing.
So I ship it back I'm very DJI care refresh and go through the whole process and I didn't email back saying that once they get it and evaluate it and it kept showing up the word repair.
So I decided this time instead of doing the online process I better call them and figure out exactly what the deal is. I spoke to Rio at DJI and I can say he was nothing less than awesome!
He checked my order and realized that the online processing had actually put it into a pay-as-you-go repair even though I had DJI care refresh. So he redid my complete order he I paid the processing fee and he said once they receive my unit they will send out my new unit immediately. He did not lie this time! Lol
I shipped the unit to DJI on June 28th and I just received notice from UPS that it will arrive at my home in New York on July 10th!!!
Oh my God thank you DJI customer support!!!

Good experience with DJI service. No crashes, no hard landings etc. After the .09 FW update my videos were very shaky. Made no sense to me, but the video was fine before and terrible after. Contacted DJI, they asked for a video clip which I sent in. Within 2 hours they informed me they didn't get the clip could I please resend via Dropbox. Did that and the next morning they instructed me to try the calibrations. Did that (for the third time) again and informed them there was no change. By the end of the day they told me to send it in, created the ticket and received the mailing label the following morning. I sent it out June 30th, they received it on July 7th, kept me posted with an email at each step of the process and it left for its return home on July 14th. One week for DJI, most of the time was travel time, one week each way. I think that is a reasonable repair time frame. As it was within 6 months they replaced the camera/gimbal free of charge. Was a very positive experience and I did not hesitate to tell them so. This was my first experience and it was positive. I do wonder at times if people are contacting DJI in 'attack' mode when things go wrong which of course makes DJI go into 'defense' mode?? In my conversations with them (chat and email) I made a point of telling them how they improved the delivery process from the Mavic fiasco to the Goggles. I ordered and received mine exactly as promised. I am not minimizing other people's bad experience but I must also acknowledge my good one. I always start with the "more flies with honey" approach :) After reading all the horror stories, now I just have to wait and see if it is truly 'fixed'. In transit and supposed to arrive on the 20th. Once that is confirmed I will again communicate my satisfaction to DJI. Would be nice to see a thread dedicated to GOOD DJI SERVICE EXPERIENCE.

Reactions: Oconnb910
I'm glad to see someone getting good care from DJI! I've had horrible dealings myself! I was talking to a different person each time I called! un answered emails etc.!!!

Link to the video -

What actually happened

WOW - so relieved!

My advice for anyone using DJI Support - be polite & Patience.
When I first saw this post, I was suspected fishing string. I have always thought about how the drone would deal with fishing line when flying in a narrow gorge. Good information... Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147