DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Tech Support Told Me, The Issues I'm Having Is Because I'm Using A Ipad Mini 2 On My Mavic Zoom

FlyingDetector

Reactions
Yes still having problems, another supervisor called me and ask me what device I'm using, told him ipad mini 2 and he said that's my problem, I told him it work fine for 2 weeks. (apas and active track not working correctly) anyone using ipad mini 2 on there mavic 2 having problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
They may be right, the iPad Mini 4 is the oldest mini you can use with the zoom. Updates may have changed at some point causing you the issues. The iPad Mini 2 would be working hard to keep up.

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 12.41.45 AM.png

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I didn't think DJI go4 would even load on a a mini 2.
I bought a Mini 4 in January 2017 to fly my Mavic Pro, because I I couldn't get the app installed on my Mini-2.
Currently flying my Mavic 2 Pro on it with no issues. Active track works great.

Mike

I am using an iPad mini2 to fly my mavic 2 pro without issues, although I have the video caching turned off. If I don’t turn it off I will get the “cpu fully loaded”message.

I don't think specifically apas or activetrack not working could be attributed to mini2 being incompatible. Crashes or loss of video feed, perhaps.
To verify it is something else, which I would think it is, try your phone.

What exactly is the issue with apas/activetrack?

I don't think specifically apas or activetrack not working could be attributed to mini2 being incompatible. Crashes or loss of video feed, perhaps.
To verify it is something else, which I would think it is, try your phone.

What exactly is the issue with apas/activetrack?
APAS icon turns blue when activate but when in flight does not turn like it suppose to, and active track the icon SAFE is gone, in it's place is the same thing but says slow, when tap on it turns red and says fast

DJI wrong again I think they have no clue, bought a brand new Ipad 4 and same thing. My Ipad 2 works just as fine

I too noticed ActiveTrack said Slow. Either change in firmware, Go, or both. Safe might now be Slow. Time to read the latest revision of the manual.
Once it's on, it's all under AC control, not the app. RC display may give clue if it is actually engaged. In what way are you deciding APAS isn't working?

I am using an IPad mini 2 with my mavic pro, and it's very laggy or not working at all , with DJI GO 4 app...
I bought the IPad mini to replace another device that couldnt run djigo4 app correctly anymore (Android). It worked well for a week ans then I met same problems I met with thé Android device.
I was not ready to spend 500$ more a week after , so I bought litchi app....no more problems since that day!

He likely has the 4th generation iPad (not mini) which did use the A6X processor, same as the iPhone 5...
Which like the iPhone 5, is no longer supported on DJI's 'LIST OF SUPPORTED DEVICES"

Look at the back of your iPad/iPhone and search google for the Model number (Axxxx)

I never suggested it was supported.

Sorry, I'm not saying you did :)

DJI slowly removes devices that cant support their app. Pretty crazy that the ipad mini4 is still supported though; that particular tablet is 3 years old. The only phones/tablets that I've had continuous GOOD LUCK with are those that are supported by DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_