DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI under the spotlight in US-China rivalry

Status
Not open for further replies.

wco81

Reactions

Interview with author of longer article on drones.

One interesting bit is that in the last 3 years, DJI marketshare dropped from 69% to 54%.

Still, both Trump and Biden administrations have made moves to limit DJI activities.

One FCC commissioner Brendan Carr has called for an outright ban on DJI products.

Here's the longer article, though it's paywalled (but you may be able to get some free articles).

I don't think the issue of banning DJI is as big as the idea of banning Huawei products were, because Huawei was implicated in backdoors in its 5G transmission equipment.

But one claim is that DJI drones were used as part of the persecution of the xyghur ethnic minority in the Xinjiang province, which some have called a genocide.

So we may have to enjoy our DJI gear while we can.

Reactions: smanros
I think if you worded things a little different and didn't make it so political this thread might have stayed alive longer.

Interview with author of longer article on drones.

One interesting bit is that in the last 3 years, DJI marketshare dropped from 69% to 54%.

Still, both Trump and Biden administrations have made moves to limit DJI activities.

One FCC commissioner Brendan Carr has called for an outright ban on DJI products.

Here's the longer article, though it's paywalled (but you may be able to get some free articles).

I don't think the issue of banning DJI is as big as the idea of banning Huawei products were, because Huawei was implicated in backdoors in its 5G transmission equipment.

But one claim is that DJI drones were used as part of the persecution of the xyghur ethnic minority in the Xinjiang province, which some have called a genocide.

So we may have to enjoy our DJI gear while we can.
As in this thread
CLOSED​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998