DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI What January Update???

bkushner

Reactions
So I dared ask DJI Support when the January Firmware update is coming and here is what they wrote. They seem oblivious as usual. Are we sure there is a January upgrade coming? I'm starting to wonder.

Screenshot 2022-01-18 010859.jpg

So I dared ask DJI Support when the January Firmware update is coming and here is what they wrote. They seem oblivious as usual. Are we sure there is a January upgrade coming? I'm starting to wonder.

View attachment 142163
Honestly, I think those guys at the online support don't know what is going on. They give different stories all the time. When I was talking to their support yesterday about when my drone will ship I asked about the update that will fix the bugs and he said most likely before month end but could not give an exact date.

Reactions: Coskier and zeusfl
I agree with @Suren they often give wrong information when they don’t know. They have many new employees. I am then the same thing multiples times this month and they say before the end of the month without a specific day.

Reactions: Suren
And where are the quick shots, the slow motion, the 120fps and waypoints…

Agreed.. knowing now that supposedly all the updates have been made with the exception of Waypoints is a real bummer. Im also sure the new Waypoints function will not be the same as in the M2P. However, knowing now there will be no REAL upcoming update to address the missing modes mentioned in @zeusfl email above really makes me appreciate holding on to my M2P & Air 2S and not purchasing the M3... thats a very disappointing email from @bkushner . Thank you though for sharing and more importantly saving me around $3,000!

Sorry there is no way that is the last update, makes no sense. DJI is either going to experience the largest number of Returns in the History of Drone sales or they need to put on an update for January.

At some point you cannot just make FALSE CLAIMS about a Drone and be Legal.

You cannot just do that , Apple got sued for slowing there phones down.

I expect that there has to be an update and I feel for sorry for all those vendors selling the Mavic 3 because there selling and Return METRICS are going way down, and some will be suspended because of it. Amazon does not care !

What is your last date to make a RETURN ?
for me its going to be 28 th.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, and Curse the DJI Mavic 3 team, .

Just the fact they promise an LTE Cellphone connectivity to fly the drone without get an approval first in the US is a bummer because the US denied the petition. We are not getting what DJI promises with this drone.

Can you do Panorama in the M3? I thought when I tried I got a COMING soon message?
Nope that is not there as yet as well as the other intelligent flight modes. Looks like it was all a scam. We got charged a heavty price for a 2 camera drone and the second camera is not useful and no there features? What did we pay so much for- a bigger camera and and average of 35 minute flight time??

Reactions: zeusfl
Nope that is not there as yet as well as the other intelligent flight modes. Looks like it was all a scam. We got charged a heavty price for a 2 camera drone and the second camera is not useful and no there features? What did we pay so much for- a bigger camera and and average of 35 minute flight time??
You dont realize what a joke that Zoom lens is until you purchase a $65 camcorder with 10 optical zoom and it blows the M3 into another Hemisphere . Sad.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water , and Cry tears over the zoom.

You dont realize what a joke that Zoom lens is until you purchase a $65 camcorder with 10 optical zoom and it blows the M3 into another Hemisphere . Sad.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water , and Cry tears over the zoom.
True, I only used it once trying to shoot some Orcas from 100 meters high and the footage was terrible.

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Three things we can reliably count on DJI for:

1. Not meeting delivery dates.
2. Support not knowing what is going on.
3. One or more features persistently incomplete.

But we'll be there to relentlessly pester them. And every once in a while we get what we want.

Three things we can reliably count on DJI for:

1. Not meeting delivery dates.
2. Support not knowing what is going on.
3. One or more features persistently incomplete.

But we'll be there to relentlessly pester them. And every once in a while we get what we want.
Would have been nice for the delays in giving us these features all early adopters get a free battery

One thing is for sure Nothing Screams VLOS like barely getting 12 Sats from your drone. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 and Baby Sit it like a new born.
This is an interesting comment! My M3 seems to pick up significantly fewer satellites then my M2P used to which was a little scary. I just thought I might have been unlucky with the locations that I was flying, but is this an issue with all M3's?

Just received another email from support. Same person. Now saying they checked and there is an update coming soon. View attachment 142247
Thank you for posting this. Because after the last email you posted, I was planning on boxing my 3 up and returning it.

I hope this isn't some ploy to just string us along until all return deadlines have passed though... I'll continue watching closely for the next update.

Thank you for posting this. Because after the last email you posted, I was planning on boxing my 3 up and returning it.

I hope this isn't some ploy to just string us along until all return deadlines have passed though... I'll continue watching closely for the next update.

Attention! The support has not written there will be a new firmware update. The support has written there will be a new version of the Mavic 3 released. Small, but important difference :)))))))

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom