DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI will add private flight mode so it can’t see where you’re going

DJI’s flight control apps routinely communicate over the internet to ensure a drone has the most relevant local maps and geofencing data, latest app versions, correct radio frequency and power requirements, and other information that enhances flight safety and functionality

So that's NFZ restrictions, firmware and app forced updates, and transmitter strength (FCC vs. CE mode).

Nice to know what is foremost on their mind.

I saw this on engadget.

DJI drones are getting an offline mode for secret flights

Their choice of headline is **** aggravating! It's just another fuel dump in the fire of haters and those that are already scared of the tech!
Yep and they say it is aimed at sensitive lol flights does that mean That wider customer base they talk about is not really a consideration and in a few weeks they will restrict its use. Also what part of changing the flight parameters for elevation has anything to do with data protection? I do not believe any person who has modded a mavic will stop doing elevation or sport changes etc and also to be honest NFZ, as although it says it will not update NFZs that is because they are already in the latest software anyway and are so restrictive that updating them any further will really start to bite them in the ***. This is a temporary halt and a pat on the head. They will be back to their old ways before long.

i hate how they have linked the flight param changes to data concerns. they did this only because they got caught big time, and now they want to lay the blame at the guys who gave the military as well as other companies the info. the flight param changes would make very little difference to data collection. Appeasing the customer DJI i think not.

Reactions: Blades
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan