DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI would like you to “See The Bigger Picture” on July 18th – announcement?

I agree. It sounds more like this than a new drone. How would a new Mavic help you "see the bigger picture"? Sounds much more like a wide angle lens etc.

I also feel they'd market a new Mavic Pro differently to this

I'm guessing a new wide format printer or a 70 inch 4K monitor.:D

I joined DJI Select because I hated the wait for my Air. Hopefully it will pay off soon!

Looks as if its the Mavic II:

• Launch date is now rumored to be July 18th, 2018 at a DJI event in New York titled “See The Bigger Picture”
  • Mass production began in early February
  • Price will be at least $1299 USD, maybe more. They will also offer “The FlyMore combo” which will obviously be more expensive
  • The Mavic II (2) will be substantially larger
  • Its official name is “Mavic II”
  • 4820 mAh battery capacity and 15.2 V power (larger and more powerful than the current MavicPro)
  • The battery design itself will be completely different and not compatible with older Mavics
  • Longer flight time—rumored at 32 minutes—Mavic Pro is 27 minutes and Platinum will be 30 minutes.
  • “Quiet” propellers
  • Improved agility and precision
  • Larger motors will bring upgraded propulsion
  • Top speed is 45 mph (72 kph) in sport mode
  • New and improved remote control similar to old Mavic Pro but better
  • Will use OcuSync
  • Video transmission frequency is still a mystery
  • The Mavic Pro II (2) will be controlled with the DJI GO 4 app as well
  • Obstacle avoidance in all directions, 6 total including on top of the drone
  • Infrared 3D sensing to avoid obstacles even in the dark
  • Improved vision processing system, faster than Mavic Air
  • Binocular rear vision obstacle avoidance sensors
Camera Specs

• 12 MP Sony IMX226 CMOS 1/1.7″ STARVIS sensor (current Mavic Pro has 1/2.3” CMOS sensor) with 28mm (now 24mm) lens
  • 4K video at 60FPS
  • H.265 video format
  • Faster bitrate (100 mbps)
  • Better low light performance
  • Sharper lens with less distortion
  • Better dynamic range
  • Less Noise
  • 8.8mm lens which provides a 24mm field of view
  • Variable aperture of f/2.8-11
  • No mechanical shutter
  • Newly designed 3-axis gimbal

Read more: Industry News: DJI Mavic Pro II Coming July 18

Reactions: GerdS and JSKCKNIT
Looks as if its the Mavic II:

• Launch date is now rumored to be July 18th, 2018 at a DJI event in New York titled “See The Bigger Picture”
  • Mass production began in early February
  • Price will be at least $1299 USD, maybe more. They will also offer “The FlyMore combo” which will obviously be more expensive
  • The Mavic II (2) will be substantially larger
  • Its official name is “Mavic II”
  • 4820 mAh battery capacity and 15.2 V power (larger and more powerful than the current MavicPro)
  • The battery design itself will be completely different and not compatible with older Mavics
  • Longer flight time—rumored at 32 minutes—Mavic Pro is 27 minutes and Platinum will be 30 minutes.
  • “Quiet” propellers
  • Improved agility and precision
  • Larger motors will bring upgraded propulsion
  • Top speed is 45 mph (72 kph) in sport mode
  • New and improved remote control similar to old Mavic Pro but better
  • Will use OcuSync
  • Video transmission frequency is still a mystery
  • The Mavic Pro II (2) will be controlled with the DJI GO 4 app as well
  • Obstacle avoidance in all directions, 6 total including on top of the drone
  • Infrared 3D sensing to avoid obstacles even in the dark
  • Improved vision processing system, faster than Mavic Air
  • Binocular rear vision obstacle avoidance sensors
Camera Specs

• 12 MP Sony IMX226 CMOS 1/1.7″ STARVIS sensor (current Mavic Pro has 1/2.3” CMOS sensor) with 28mm (now 24mm) lens
  • 4K video at 60FPS
  • H.265 video format
  • Faster bitrate (100 mbps)
  • Better low light performance
  • Sharper lens with less distortion
  • Better dynamic range
  • Less Noise
  • 8.8mm lens which provides a 24mm field of view
  • Variable aperture of f/2.8-11
  • No mechanical shutter
  • Newly designed 3-axis gimbal

Read more: Industry News: DJI Mavic Pro II Coming July 18

These rumors refer to rumors that refer to rumors posted by OsitaLV. There's still no indication whatsoever unfortunately that the MP2 is inbound. All is just speculation at this point from a single source that tends to have a play with the facts. So even though we're all hoping for a MP2 announcement, I wouldn't get too hyped up by any articles such as these.

Yeah there are rumors.

But here is the thing , 20mpx camera or gtfo. I know megapixels aren't everything (coming from a guy with a Sony A7R III lol) but our drones are high up in the air giving us a huge FoV and you can see very far in the distance. I want that detail when I crop.

I don't care about anything else. They can add 920-degree obstacle avoidance and +15 minute on the battery, but if they don't do some massive camera improvement (not just video with 4k@60 and 100bit, but photo as well!) I will just wait for Mavic 3 or an alternative.

Reactions: timesnaps
I'm also spoiled by my SLR so I hope these rumors are incorrect. Come on DJI put a camera on this thing. I'm not expecting a one inch sensor, you would have to scale the maverick up too big to hold that camera and gamble. But maybe 2/3 or at least a 1/1.2 sensor.

These are the same rumors that freeskier989 posted above, again from OsitaLV. Currently every website out there posting rumors or "facts" gets this from that twitter account, some sites just manage to make a whole buzz around it.

If there's a MP2 coming, I wouldn't be surprised if the camera is even way better than on the Mavic Air. Especially if they manage to crank in a configurable aperture.

Ohhhh you know what I think this means? Have you guys seen the GoPro Fusion? I bet this is DJI version on a drone, my wallet is NOT ready

I'm betting that July 18 will be an ANNOUNCEMENT, not a release. DJI's way of saying, "Don't buy the EVO, Typhoon, or whatever. Wait for OUR new product, which will be released.....soon".

Reactions: Greg Smithski
You can bet it's going to be the Mavic 2 because I just purchased the Platinum package from Costco yesterday. That's my kind of luck. Was holding off buying, waiting for an announcement for something new. Was looking like it wasn't going to happen, so bought the Platinum while it was on sale. While I was setting things up, got the email that there was going to be an announcement. Oh well, I'll be ready when (and if) a new one comes out.

Costco has a 90 day return policy. :) It's likely what I'll do with my bundle (bought in May) if it's a new Mavic Pro.

I wonder if this announcement of an announcement has put a damper on pre-sales of the other drones from Autel and Parrot, as many are anticipating it'll be the MPII and plan to wait and see.
There's plenty of speculation on specs, based on what people want, I am wandering if there'll be features some people dont want. e.g NFZ - no older firmware to rollback and disable, height restrictions that cannot be disabled on Assistant 2, etc. There'll be people who want it, but dont want it.
Surely it'll be an announce with sales starting sometime later. Otherwise DJI will be dealing with returns, people returning MP/MPP to get the MPII.

I bought a Mavic Air the day they were available and within a week or two I had ND filters, battery terminal covers, etc. If there’s to be a new DJI product release in July wouldn’t the accessories manufacturers know about it and have to have the actual specs to produce their own products?

No one but the anonymous leaker knows anything about a new MP2. I’m not holding my breath waiting for it.

I don't think a 1" sensor mavic is coming because that would cut into their Phantom sales. Any Mavic Pro update would have a similar take on 4K 60fps as the Evo with the smaller sensor. They'll most definitely include additional collision sensors to the rear and a refined and updated body. They'll also want to up the flight time to 32 minutes or so, and maybe tweak the db levels and the top speed. Finally, that old gimbal will have to go so expect that to be more like the Air.

That's a very good argument. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi