DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s ?? #DJIAIR2S Windy Hill Wind Farm, Ravenshoe | Queensland | 4K [2021]

QldKing

Reactions
Location: 17°35'26.11"S 145°31'50.26"E Windy Hill Wind Farm is Queensland's largest wind farm with 20 windmills producing enough power for 3500 homes. Windy Hill Wind Farm is located about three kilometres from Ravenshoe, which is situated 920 metres above sea level (highest town in Queensland,) on privately owned Atherton Tableland dairy farmland. It is capable of a generating capacity of 12 megawatts, and the number of wind turbines is 20. The rotar diameter is a massive 45 meters. The location was picked as it is an excellent wind resource. Wind measurements show particularly high night-time wind speeds which would complement Queensland's overall energy mix. Epuron is using the wind data and preliminary investigations to design a wind farm project of up to 95 wind turbines.

A nice video overall. Could have used a circling shot and a top down shot passing over two of the windmills. Also, a few odd color shifts in the video.

Reactions: QldKing
A nice video overall. Could have used a circling shot and a top down shot passing over two of the windmills. Also, a few odd color shifts in the video.
Thank you. I was so nervous flying near them. I did contemplate the shots you mentioned but was nervous of any turbalance upsetting the drone. I didn’t feel like paying for any damages. I did notice the colour changes. Is that on the slow motion shots?

Nice mate, don't blame you for keeping distance, those tips when moving at avg speed travel around 190km/hr (120mph), and faster in stronger wind can be moving 290km/hr (180mph) !!

I've gone a lot closer to them at a windfarm down here in SA, but was fairly light wind, was 2nd flight to the place, so I threw caution to the wind, ha ha.

Now, I love the look of the drive through the back there via Ravenshoe, and might go that way one day heading up to the tip . . . grew up in Bowen, but sure are heck don't know if it's pronounced Raven shoe, or Ravens hoe, can you confirm ??

Nice mate, don't blame you for keeping distance, those tips when moving at avg speed travel around 190km/hr (120mph), and faster in stronger wind can be moving 290km/hr (180mph) !!

I've gone a lot closer to them at a windfarm down here in SA, but was fairly light wind, was 2nd flight to the place, so I threw caution to the wind, ha ha.

Now, I love the look of the drive through the back there via Ravenshoe, and might go that way one day heading up to the tip . . . grew up in Bowen, but sure are heck don't know if it's pronounced Raven shoe, or Ravens hoe, can you confirm ??
I wish I had of got closer to them. Some down Glen Inness way when I travel down to visit from Brisbane. Maybe now that I have flown these ones I might try (still keeping distance) to try some different shots with them. I think there are more shoes in Raven then hoes.......... :D

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thank you. I was so nervous flying near them. I did contemplate the shots you mentioned but was nervous of any turbalance upsetting the drone. I didn’t feel like paying for any damages. I did notice the colour changes. Is that on the slow motion shots?
Yes, definitely noticed the color shift on the first speed ramp shot at about :30. I didn't notice again on this viewing. Not sure why that would happen. By the way, seeing the shadows cast by the windmills is very cool too.

Nice Flying! I am probably with you one the distance. Pretty sure my little blades won't compete with those big ones. :oops::oops:

Yes, definitely noticed the color shift on the first speed ramp shot at about :30. I didn't notice again on this viewing. Not sure why that would happen. By the way, seeing the shadows cast by the windmills is very cool too.
That slow motion was using the slow motion video function on the air 2 s so it was at 1080. I might have the settings set to auto so it changed as the light changed.
Hopefully I was able to capture the size of the turbines and the shadow was an important part of that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser