DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJIGO4 app not caching video locally

quartapound

Reactions
I've had the Mavic Air for more than a year now, recently I've noticed my DJIGO4 app is no longer caching video locally no matter what I do, tried uninstalling reinstalling, unchecking the box then rechecking it... Increasing size and decreasing size, unchecking automatically remove, clearing cache... Nothing I try seems to get it working and it's frustrating because this is a feature that might mean the difference between retrieving my drone or losing it.

it used to work but I believe that was with a different cell phone. Running pixel 3a now.

Google searching random posts of people with the same issue but there never seem to be a clear solution to the problem, and most threads ended without the issue being solved.

If anyone can shed light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated

How much room left on your mobile device ?? Maybe there isn't any room left.

With the M2, you can cache to an SD card if it is an internal storage issue.. Should be possible with the Air.
Setting up cache location is tricky. I could only specify root folder. However it creates folders below the chosen so no root clutter.

With the M2, you can cache to an SD card if it is an internal storage issue.. Should be possible with the Air.
Setting up cache location is tricky. I could only specify root folder. However it creates folders below the chosen so no root clutter.

How much room left on your mobile device ?? Maybe there isn't any room left.

36gb of free space.

Pixels don't have SD card slot unfortunately.
Maybe I'll root the phone and see if it helps. Where do you modify cache location?

Question I have been trying to answer for 6 months maybe this is the ans. I have done cache cleared cache everything.Screenshot_20190713-124620_My%20Files.jpeg

I would delete them if you already have the videos from the memory card saved on your computer - see if that solves your issue.

I've had the Mavic Air for more than a year now, recently I've noticed my DJIGO4 app is no longer caching video locally no matter what I do, tried uninstalling reinstalling, unchecking the box then rechecking it... Increasing size and decreasing size, unchecking automatically remove, clearing cache... Nothing I try seems to get it working and it's frustrating because this is a feature that might mean the difference between retrieving my drone or losing it.

it used to work but I believe that was with a different cell phone. Running pixel 3a now.

Google searching random posts of people with the same issue but there never seem to be a clear solution to the problem, and most threads ended without the issue being solved.

If anyone can shed light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated
Did you ever find a solution? I have recently switched to the Pixel 3a and I am having exactly the same problem!

Hi Quartapound.

Last week I responded to your post to say that I also switched to the Pixel 3a recently and I'm having the same problem. Here's an update:

After trying everything I could think of, I decided to get my previous phone (Pixel 2XL) repaired (I got the 3a because the 2XL was broken). After the repair, I connected the Pixel 2XL to the controller and everything works absolutely perfectly without me having to change any settings.

I have concluded that video caching to the Pixel 3a simply does not work. I guess that's why the Pixel 3a is not on DJI's list of compatible devices. :( I should have just got the Pixel 2XL repaired in the first place. ?

Hi Quartapound.

Last week I responded to your post to say that I also switched to the Pixel 3a recently and I'm having the same problem. Here's an update:

After trying everything I could think of, I decided to get my previous phone (Pixel 2XL) repaired (I got the 3a because the 2XL was broken). After the repair, I connected the Pixel 2XL to the controller and everything works absolutely perfectly without me having to change any settings.

I have concluded that video caching to the Pixel 3a simply does not work. I guess that's why the Pixel 3a is not on DJI's list of compatible devices. :( I should have just got the Pixel 2XL repaired in the first place. ?

Hello PBDawg,

I have come to the same conclusion.... It's unfortunate because I'm sure the Pixel 3a has the 'horsepower' to do it.

Surprised I haven't seen anyone else notice the issue, thanks for confirming it's the phone, as suspected

Reactions: PBDawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803