DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Djo Mavic 2 Pro crashes against building in tripod mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a sticky for this? I found your excellent explanation of this. Also there are several threads for the version you need but mostly there were dead links.
I did find one link that worked and did this - yet to test it.

It's not a sticky. I don't know about the dead links - I have the Mac and Windows versions of 1.1.2 available if needed.

I don't have a zoom, but I've never heard anyone report that it didn't work on the zoom. The only difference between the aircraft is the camera, and I cannot imagine what OA would have to do with the problem. I suspect they did something wrong.
Yeah, didn’t sound right to me either.

Hi guys,

Dji has recently refused my claim towards collision of dji mavic 2 pro.

Just wanted to hear from you if that's really my fault or it's poor dji product quality ie. filtering of gps data.

I was getting ready to land,(sport mode) due to low battery, when suddenly drone started moving very fast to port (left). I saw this as I was about 30m away from drone with excellent visual). When I saw drone moving to port I immediately applied counter with my controller (pushing it to starboard/right) but drone would not react at all, it just kept moving to port, quite fast. Since there was a building nearby 25-30m towards which drone was moving, I switched to tripod mode to force slowing down and make sure all sensors are enabled. Drone actually did switch to tirpod mode(based on log) but it would not slow down at all until it hit the wall of building and crashed.

Dji claims its due to poor gps data. Now, if gps is bad (6-7 satellites in view) can it really just freak out and go at high speed to one direction without responding to my remote control?

If it had been phantom, I would have switched to full manual and just stop it but with mavic I could nothing but just watched it fly towards and obstruction and die
This is when the pause button will be your best friend.imo.. poor gps doesn't make input goea wrong bad compass calibration does..cmiiw

Is it just me or was it reckless to be flying in an urban environment where an accident could cause the drone to fall from a great height and possibly kill someone down below?

This is when the pause button will be your best friend.imo.. poor gps doesn't make input goea wrong bad compass calibration does..cmiiw

No - the pause button would have had no effect in this situation - there was nothing to pause. And the lack of good GPS positioning and velocity data can cause exactly this effect if the inertial solution is incorrect prior to the switch to ATTI .

Low battery, poor gps and maybe it thought that's where the home point was? Maybe you set it incorrectly by mistake? Is the home point in the logs?

Low battery, poor gps and maybe it thought that's where the home point was? Maybe you set it incorrectly by mistake? Is the home point in the logs?

Please read the thread. There is no mystery to what happened here - it's been fully explained and random guessing is no longer necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure