DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dlog-M video

yawyaw33

Reactions
If I shoot video in Dlog-M (10 bit) on a M2P but have no intention to edit/grade the footage, will the video I am left with be of poor quality? Thank you.

If I shoot video in Dlog-M (10 bit) on a M2P but have no intention to edit/grade the footage, will the video I am left with be of poor quality? Thank you.

Not poor quality but low contrast, which will look washed out. It needs to be colour graded.

The reason for using D-LOG is to maximize your possibilities in post ... D-LOG allows the camera sensor to pull as much dynamic information from the scene as it can to record a low contrast image so that highlights aren’t blown out and shadows aren’t pure black ... without editing it will look flat & boring.

This have nothing to do with quality... D-LOG is a way to set your post work up in the best possible way.

If you aren't going to do any editing then you shouldn't use D-LOG ...

Reactions: gspell
Depends what you mean by poor quality. The "quality" as such will be good, but it will be flat, low contrast, desaturated, and generally look pretty bad without color grading. It will look just like it looks on the controller. If you want 10 bit but want a result that is decent without color grading, you could try HLG instead of LOG.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121