DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DNG Files only 960 x 540?

JimR78

Reactions
When I take photos my raw files are only outputting at 960 x 540 pixels. The same file in jpg are coming out at 4000 x 2250. Is there something I can do to change this? Seems very strange that they're coming out at such a low resolution.

When I take photos my raw files are only outputting at 960 x 540 pixels. The same file in jpg are coming out at 4000 x 2250. Is there something I can do to change this? Seems very strange that they're coming out at such a low resolution.
That’s just jpeg thumbnail. You need a proper program to view DNG files

Reactions: GarthH and JimR78
As a follow up, brett8883 was correct. The view I was looking at was just a preview version of the raw file. The raw files are the same dimensions as the jpg versions.

I just found this site and chome app and for photos, I'm loving it as it's free and does RAW and is way simpler than gimp.

Reactions: JimR78
I just found this site and chome app and for photos, I'm loving it as it's free and does RAW and is way simpler than gimp.

I've used that site too. It's great!

As a follow up, brett8883 was correct. The view I was looking at was just a preview version of the raw file. The raw files are the same dimensions as the jpg versions.
Every DNG file contains a small JPG preview thumbnail within it, which is used for file identification and crude display when the complete DNG itself cannot be opened.

Is there a way to get these to display in their correct size using the native Win10 photos app? I never had any issues with raw files until these.

Is there a way to get these to display in their correct size using the native Win10 photos app? I never had any issues with raw files until these.
So far, I was only able to see the full res version in Photoshop. I've never come across the problem with any other raw files either.

Reactions: REBELimgs
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown