DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I have to use phone?

Soledamcer

Reactions
Hi all, Went out yesterday to fly my MP2 and left my phone behind. I'm wondering if it's possible and safe to fly with just the remote controller?

Hi all, Went out yesterday to fly my MP2 and left my phone behind. I'm wondering if it's possible and safe to fly with just the remote controller?

I'm fairly new to flying but I really do think it would be possible. So far, I have had a couple of instances where the app on the ipad crashed and I was still able to control the drone. I'm just not sure of the start up but don't think that would be a problem either. I would think that you would always want your settings set correctly for you but they should be anyway. Make sure you have a good GPS signal and give it a try. Just make sure your homepoint is recorded in case you need the RTH. I even think you can take pictures or video although you can't tell exactly what you are shooting.

I'm wondering if it's possible and safe to fly with just the remote controller?
It's possible, but it's not a safe thing to do.

Here are some reasons why you might not want to do this:
  • You won't be able to see what the camera sees in DJI GO
  • You won't be able to see all of the valuable flight information in DJI GO (like the battery level indicator)
  • A TXT flight log will not be created since there is no mobile device attached to the remote controller
  • The height will be restricted to 30 meters and the distance will be restricted to 50 meters

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851