DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need DJI Mavic 2 flymore combo...

RSDonovan

Reactions
...if I am buying a new Mini 2 to replace a Mavic mini which somehow crash landed this morning with terminal injuries ? (I can only think it was a bird strike)

Will the two extra mm batteries I have fit the m2?
will my spare mm propellors fit the m2?
will an m2 fit in an mm case? Etc.

Or should I buy the m2 combo and forget about the mm?

(as a side question, the housing seems to have spared any damage to the gimbal/camera though I can't verify this. Would it have any residual value?)

Thanks!

Richard

Reactions: Gagey52
It is well documented that the mm1 batteries will fit the mm2. People are always looking for spare parts so in that regard they will have a value. Your carcass parts I’m told will fit mm2 but nothing else. You could do a test with the props, and sorry for the downed drone.
Regards

Reactions: Gagey52
You actually can get the props on if you force them ...and it strips the threads of the screw, and you will damage the drone...the Mini Batteriea will fit in the Mini2...but they are heavier and will put you over the 250 gram threshold...conversely...the Mini 2 batteries will NOT work in a Mini
Also...look around...some guy crashed his mini 2 and replaced it with an upgrade...so I got a good deal on the batteries, charger and props...hope you can find something similar

Reactions: GadgetGuy
FYI: Flying with Mavic Mini batteries in the Mini 2 technically voids the Mini 2 sub-250g exemption from pilot registration, as the Mavic Mini batteries are slightly heavier than the Mini 2 batteries. However, I doubt anyone will ever call you out on the technical non-compliance with a scale!

Reactions: cgmaxed
FYI: Flying with Mavic Mini batteries in the Mini 2 technically voids the Mini 2 sub-250g exemption from pilot registration, as the Mavic Mini batteries are slightly heavier than the Mini 2 batteries. However, I doubt anyone will ever call you out on the technical non-compliance with a scale!
It would be impossible to prove, UNLESS he has an accident that warrants police confiscating the drone and battery at the accident site. Is it worth the risk?

...if I am buying a new Mini 2 to replace a Mavic mini which somehow crash landed this morning with terminal injuries ? (I can only think it was a bird strike)

(as a side question, the housing seems to have spared any damage to the gimbal/camera though I can't verify this. Would it have any residual value?)

Thanks!

Richard
The batteries will work but put you over the US 250g no registration limit, I'm not exactly sure what the UK rules are but something similar I believe. The props WILL NOT fit without causing damage to the drone due to different screw specifications. Technically the Mini2 itself and Mini2 battery hub( there is some pressure needed to get the hub wedged in) fit in the stock MM fly more case BUT you can't fit the controller into it. Also something to know is that the new batteries cannot be charged in the OG battery hub so you're forced to charge it in drone which isn't the best thing for your bird. Honestly I think all things considered you are better off getting the Mini2 FMC and then using your MM batteries as backups when you have a long day of flying. The Mini2 controller has about 6 flights worth of charge to it so all together you could fly roughly 3 hours before charging anything

Reactions: RSDonovan
The batteries will work but put you over the US 250g no registration limit, I'm not exactly sure what the UK rules are but something similar I believe. The props WILL NOT fit without causing damage to the drone due to different screw specifications. Technically the Mini2 itself and Mini2 battery hub( there is some pressure needed to get the hub wedged in) fit in the stock MM fly more case BUT you can't fit the controller into it. Also something to know is that the new batteries cannot be charged in the OG battery hub so you're forced to charge it in drone which isn't the best thing for your bird. Honestly I think all things considered you are better off getting the Mini2 FMC and then using your MM batteries as backups when you have a long day of flying. The Mini2 controller has about 6 flights worth of charge to it so all together you could fly roughly 3 hours before charging anything
Very wise words. I have now ordered the MM2 combo from Amazon UK and look forward to flying again soon. Thank you for your input Yeunglings and to anyone else who has contributed

Thanks!

Richard
Hi Richard. I recently bought a mini with a possibly damaged camera/gimbal. Waiting for a new camera cable to see if that fixes it. (The cable is definitely broken, no visibledamage to the camera or gimbal).

Depending on how it goes, I may be interested in buying your camera/gimbal.

Reactions: RSDonovan
Alan

Feel free to make an offer, although it's a long way to Queensland from the UK!

I can see no damage but I can't test it as the battery compartment is trashed. The drone landed on its rear end so the front has little damage.

Richard

Yeah, postage might be pricey. Still don't know if I'll need a gimbal yet. Postage within Australia is glacial in it's speed, so the new cable still hasn't arrived.

Have you tried the mini 1 batteries in the 2 yet? They work fine.

No I haven't tried it yet. I may try and sell the two remaining MM batteries and the triple charger as part of the bundle including MM case (which I prefer to the M2 case), many sets of propellors which I have optimistically collected, prop guard 360, many micro USB cables (M2 uses USB C) and any other pieces that survived the wreckage!

The gimbal and camera seem to be fine but I cant test that as the battery case on the MM is broken!

I won't get much for them but they would be useful to a MM enthusiast!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev