DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do most people own multiple drones?

Not if it's the JJRC H36. $18 shipped includes 2 extra batteries from Aliexpress. She'll think it's cute. Not a true "drone" of course. Just a quad. It's a great trainer. If you can fly this thing on high rates in a living room over furniture and between people while doing flips and stuff with headless mode off, you'll be a pro in no time (if you aren't one already)

IF the Mavic was my first drone, it would probably be my only drone. It serves the purpose for all of my needs. That being said, it was my 3rd drone, bought the Yuneec Q500+ in Feb 2016, was my first drone, and I still have it and love it (haven't flown it in almost a year though), Then I got a Parrott Bebop 2, had a lot of fun with that one as well. Pretty powerful drone for it's size, camera isn't great though. Then got my Mavic in Dec 2016, and haven't flown any other drone since.

When I bought the Mavic I also bought a Hubsan X4 with a crash pack to teach myself how to fly manual. I do enjoy flying both, of course for different purposes.

If the Mavic is your first drone and you've never flown any other RC aircraft, I recommend you go to Aliexpress and order the JJRC H36 ASAP and fly it indoors to get used to orientation of flying, banking, and just maneuvering in general. You won't regret having spent the $18 to include 2 extra batteries.

PM me if you want my drone buying guides. I'll send you the PDF.
My 6 year old son always ask to fly my mavic, but I'm super hesitant to let him, well because he is six and I paid $1400! Lol.
Can you recommend a $100ish drone that he can play with. Preferably one that has GPS so it's stabilized. I've bought one from Walmart and it was horrible. Just kept flying wild and eventually broke from crashing.

Mavic is my third. I have a really small one that I built from a kit and cheap, but bigger, one that I got to learn on and bounce off of the walls. Compared to the first two the Mavic feels like it's on rails. I'm glad I messed around with the first two. They allowed me to get the feel for piloting. I like taking pics with the Mavic but I really love just flying it around too. Sometimes I just fly it around the yard without a screen. I've been looking around at other models now... maybe a racer or a fixed wing next. :)

Am I the only person on this list to actually have two (count 'em) Mavic Pro's.
Anybody else have two MP's

Just saw your post JeepDSL. Really? 5 mavics?
do you fly all of them?
are they each for a specific purpose?
Are all of them functionally operational?

Boy, 5 Mavics!!!

Reactions: krobert291
I've always owned a single drone at a time...first a P2...then a P3P....and now a Mavic but just purchased a Spark recently to.

Just saw your post JeepDSL. Really? 5 mavics?
do you fly all of them?
are they each for a specific purpose?
Are all of them functionally operational?

Boy, 5 Mavics!!!
Long story, here's the short version.

At one time I actually had 6. I bought one to take to my wife's family reunion and decided I needed a backup, so I bought another (both were used). I then picked up 4 broken ones just to see if I could repair them. One had landed in the ocean and was pretty much trash - got a few spare parts. The other three fly but need some repair which may or may not ever get done. Bad habit of mine. :(

Two MP's one in Thailand and one here saves me keep carrying everything over and with all the new regs who knows when they will set ***** on planes about drones and batteries. To have two means i will not worry myself stupid over losing one through some silly pilot error. Also i can play with different FW and settings on each. (i keep a spare phone with zero on it except an older DJI go app on ios for same reason always good to have a back up i just don't like the small screen on the 6s).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a racing , 10 cheapies a p3s and a mavic , i fly every single one one of them all the time , better addiction than drugs

Reactions: QuadKid
I have a racing , 10 cheapies a p3s and a mavic , i fly every single one one of them all the time , better addiction than drugs

Same here, mostly fly my 250 Class Martian & ZMR, FPV for that white knuckled ride of your life!
Mostly air drive my P3p's & Mavic for stress relief :cool:

Am I the only person on this list to actually have two (count 'em) Mavic Pro's.
Anybody else have two MP's
i think there would be quite a few of us with more than 1 Mavic

F'in rich people...no offense.
I have 1 Mavic, 1 Vorza (someone will know what that is)
Each cost me a years savings, but thats the love of R/C

Edit: Oh, and one ***** dirtbike i dont race because mavic would get bored and "flyaway" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the Parrot AR Drone 1.0 when it came out and moved up the chain. Currently I have 4 various Parrot products, a couple copters, various small drones, a 3DR Solo, a Go Pro Karma and the Mavic Pro. I have vaulted ceilings and still fly the AR around my house. It's pretty stable for its age but the battery life is getting worse and worse.

i think there would be quite a few of us with more than 1 Mavic

I could see myself having two Mavics down the road also. It's the perfect drone for me good range,good video, quiet, just really impressive overall.

Just curious why you'd want two of anything that are exactly the same.
My 6 year old son always ask to fly my mavic, but I'm super hesitant to let him, well because he is six and I paid $1400! Lol.
Can you recommend a $100ish drone that he can play with. Preferably one that has GPS so it's stabilized. I've bought one from Walmart and it was horrible. Just kept flying wild and eventually broke from crashing.

I PM'd you the two buying guides. Have fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998