DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

do most people purchase DJI care cover for their mini's

Not for me, as i choose the entry level drone of DJI partially for his low price level!
But it has to be considered based on your usage and ability to fix thing by yourself, and how long you can wait for a spare part in case of issue!

Reactions: fificap and Xanadu
It would be great for a peace of mind issue. However, for some (not all), it sounds like a waste of money, i.e., pilot error, flyaways, RTH crashes, etc. Morale of the story . . . Learn your craft, learn it capabilities. Fly within your limits. Above all be safe.

Enough people are buying it and not too many are actually using it... therefore DJI keeps selling it. If it wasn’t to their advantage the option wouldn’t be available. I went ahead and bought it, but I am aware that just like Las Vegas the house always wins....

Mini is my first drone. I thought I'd buy myself a more forgiving year and extend my error margin by purchasing a DJI Care, just in case. For 1/10 of drone price. Maybe I'm over cautious, but that's my standard approach ;)

Reactions: Xanadu
Hello, I too bought the care refresh. Just have to make sure I find the body if the worst happens! A little Peace of mind for pilot malfunction or drone malfunction :)

I bought it and I am glad I did. I hit a tree branch and the MM fell into a river. I recovered it two days later. I filed a claim and mailed it in. Twelve days later my new MM arrived with a new battery no questions asked.

Reactions: Xanadu and ff22
as per the post - do most people buy this care package
It's fine, just make sure you keep the drone VLOS because you need to recover the crashed drone to file a claim. If you pay close attention to the wind speed and direction, and wait for a good GPS lock, you should be pretty safe.

Mini is my first drone. I thought I'd buy myself a more forgiving year and extend my error margin by purchasing a DJI Care, just in case. For 1/10 of drone price. Maybe I'm over cautious, but that's my standard approach ;)
it's not exactly 1/10 of the drone price, is it? You pay 39 euro to get it and then 40 euro for the first claim and 49 euro for the second.

I did not buy it - simply to give me some extra encouragement to be careful and to know and respect my and the drone's limits. So far so good...

Last edited:

I felt the same way for a little piece of mind and never having flown before, I thought for the 80-100 dollars it would cost to have it replaced, for whatever reason, was worth it.

I don't know but I did. Feel more comfortable if I crash. Money in the air and you WILL crash sonner or later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23