DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do not keep and Batteries in the Mini or charging Hub

MMFlyer

Reactions
Check out this press release by DJI

Good to know, I’ve been keeping my batteries in the hub whilst I’m moving. Will take them out now.
Regards

It's an advantage to me! I don't want them auto-discharging! Let us decide how we want to manage our batteries, by giving us a choice like before, instead of DJI deciding everything for us!

Check out this press release by DJI

In the article it says "keep the drone separate"........?????? What sense does that make? from the hub????

Once charged...just turn them around in the hub as suggested in the video...this breaks the continuity between the batteries and prevents the damage that would otherwise occur...it is a real problem unless you take steps to avoid it...it has always been a bad ideas to leave batteries in any appliance ...even in flashlights

Once charged...just turn them around in the hub as suggested in the video...this breaks the continuity between the batteries and prevents the damage that would otherwise occur...it is a real problem unless you take steps to avoid it...it has always been a bad ideas to leave batteries in any appliance ...even in flashlights
Then why only seems to be an issue with MM2 and not all DJI drone batteries?

I guess this would also be a problem with my Mavic Mini (not 2), so I should do the same?

Most of us don't have this issue or the various net forums would be full of angry people.
Ever since I first heard of it I have watched my hub and it works as it should.
Due to lousy conditions and my inactivity I pulled my hub out with all three packs inserted normally that have been sitting for more than a month just now.
2 indicators across the board, showing <50%. (greater than)
That is exactly what they should be doing and it took about 10 minutes to get a solid three lights, meaning it was a lot closer to 75% than 50%.
I am guessing there was a bad lot of hardware with corrupted firmware that got loose.

Most of us don't have this issue or the various net forums would be full of angry people.
Ever since I first heard of it I have watched my hub and it works as it should.
Due to lousy conditions and my inactivity I pulled my hub out with all three packs inserted normally that have been sitting for more than a month just now.
2 indicators across the board, showing <50%. (greater than)
That is exactly what they should be doing and it took about 10 minutes to get a solid three lights, meaning it was a lot closer to 75% than 50%.
I am guessing there was a bad lot of hardware with corrupted firmware that got loose.
But strange that DJI seem to be releasing a software update? And how do they do that - presumably each battery has to be updated separately while powering the drone??

But strange that DJI seem to be releasing a software update? And how do they do that - presumably each battery has to be updated separately while powering the drone??
I am not sure of the difference between software and firmware...but I gathered that it will be a firmware update

Immediately removed the battery out of my Mini2. Due to circumstances and bad weather I was not able to fly for a few months and left a fully-charged battery in the drone. It still gave all LEDs when pressing the button, so it seems no discharge has occured, luckily :)

The way it is described....it sounds like a possible and intermittent problem...but it does seem like enough of a problem that it is being remedied

Now that we know it seems more like a feature to me.
I often want that full charge after 3 days but can manage the situation and accept the battery repercussions if not observed.
I should add at the moment I only have the one battery until I fully decide the Mini 2 is where I'm staying.

Then why only seems to be an issue with MM2 and not all DJI drone batteries?
The Li-Po batteries in the Mini 2 need that opportunity to self-discharge and the contacts at the terminals are always live since it has no on/off button on top like the bigger Mavics. The MM 1 has Li-Ion batteries, which don’t have need of timed auto discharge, so in that drone, it’s also a non-issue. The MM2 is unique in having Li-Pos with no button on top. Hope that helps.

I guess this would also be a problem with my Mavic Mini (not 2), so I should do the same?
Mini 1 batteries are Lithium Ion, not lithium polymer. The former dont require the same care as Lipo batteries. LiIo batteries are heavier for the same wattage compared to Lipo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929