DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do pigeons like your Mini?

Reactions
I was taking a quick flight around my neighborhood the other day, and this flock of birds (looks to be pigeons) would not stop swarming around it. Not sure if they were playing, curious or on the attack, but I kept flying around to avoid them.

DJI_0703.jpg

Seagulls really like Mini 2. They fly very close to it but thankfully it makes enough noise that they avoid it at the last moment. But one hit from a seagull would probably induce motor shutdown.

Haha, yeah, that video is sort of what I was seeing. They'd flit back and forth across my FOV. It was hard to tell how close they were getting due to the wide angle lens, but luckily no contact was made.

I've had that happen. I assumed they were homing pigeons. If I knew who they belonged too I would try make contact to learn when they might be flying. I know nothing about that sport. I wouldn't want to hit one.

They certainly do have lots of "interest" in drone, all the time I fly the drone whether is mini or zoom they get in groups and fly as close as possible. I don't know though if they try to scare drone off or attempt to attack it. Well I don't want to find out on my experience.
Anone had pegion strike?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007