DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DO these fast chargers work

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
Reactions: Garcino
Posted wrong earlier, did not realize that it came with the charger and not just a cord. At 1.6A It should be enough to give you the fast flashing charge. I purchased a multiple charger from the same manufacturer that works well.

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
I think you get only the adapter transforming the 5V output from an USB fast charger (not provided) to a ~8 volts line to be injected into the MM battery.
Will it worth the money ? not sure ;-)

I know this for the Mavic 2 and think it's the same for the mini.

You can NOT fast charge. The battery management system on the battery controls the charge rate. There are charges that advertise as "fast charge" and either they are just trying to provide false marketing or they are doing parallel charging (charging 2 or more batteries at the same time).

Fast charging is when you charge at > 1C rate. 1C = 1 x the capacity of the battery. If the battery is a 1100mah battery then a charge of 1.1Amps would be 1C and take about an our (for a full charge). If you were able to charge at say, 2.2Amps, that would be 2C and considered a fast charge.

So, don't fall for the "fast charge" hype. DJI batteries control the charge and only let you charge at a 1C rating which takes 60+ minutes to fully charge.

Just picked up a MM and looking at one of these, do they work or just snake oil

I got one off amazon and it charges my Mavic Mini battery in under an hour. When I charged through the drone itself, it was more like 4-5 hours. It was worth the purchase.

I know this for the Mavic 2 and think it's the same for the mini.

You can NOT fast charge. The battery management system on the battery controls the charge rate. There are charges that advertise as "fast charge" and either they are just trying to provide false marketing or they are doing parallel charging (charging 2 or more batteries at the same time).

Fast charging is when you charge at > 1C rate. 1C = 1 x the capacity of the battery. If the battery is a 1100mah battery then a charge of 1.1Amps would be 1C and take about an our (for a full charge). If you were able to charge at say, 2.2Amps, that would be 2C and considered a fast charge.

So, don't fall for the "fast charge" hype. DJI batteries control the charge and only let you charge at a 1C rating which takes 60+ minutes to fully charge.
This is incorrect as a general statement. See post immediately above.
My Hanatora charger for M2P batteries will fully charge 4 batteries from 10-20% in about 80-90 minutes for all four batteries combined. Now problems with the batteries after 10’s of uses.

Point
Thomas - specifically which part are you saying is incorrect?

"Fast charging" and "Parallel charging" are not the same thing. Charging in 80-90 minute is a "normal" charge at 1C or less.
Point well taken.... misunderstood you. Sorry.
My point is that there are safe chargers that work 4x as fast as OEM.

Reactions: WooZie
No worries. I know people on FB groups keep having this conversation and think they will get their batteries charged 20-30 minutes which isn't correct. So, I'm just trying to help keep things in perspective.

I LOVE my 4x charger!! I have 3 batteries and it works great.

Reactions: Thomas B
Just to be sure...

I would like to charge the mini battery in the car, I have this cable:

kabel.jpg
and this step down converter

dc-dc 3A.jpg

Will it be enough to give 8.4V 3A to the battery?
Will the battery management system automatically adjust the current and disconnect the battery when it will be full?

Best regards
Andrzej

I would like to charge the mini battery in the car

@Thomas B recommended the Hanatora charger for his M2P, so I followed his earlier advice and bought one for my M2P, too.

Hanatora offers this car charger for the Mini: Hanatora 3 in 1 Battery Car Charger with Dust Cover for DJI Mavic Mini and Remote Controller,Triple Output (2 x Battery+USB),Multi Rapid Charging Hub Amazon.com: Hanatora 3 in 1 Battery Car Charger with Dust Cover for DJI Mavic Mini and Remote Controller,Triple Output (2 x Battery+USB),Multi Rapid Charging Hub: Toys & Games

So now I’ll order one for my Mini, too.

Unlike other Mavics that have custom chargers, the Mini uses USB power to charge the battery. Using OEM methods of charging (OEM hub or aircraft), using a standard 5v USB charger will draw 2A max, which is 10W.
If you use a QC compatible charger, the charger and charging device will negotiate 12v with charging device drawing 1.5A or 18W.
Note that due to how rechargeable lithiums charge, the current draw will not be the same throughout the charge cycle, but rather will taper off as you near the end of the cycle.

Reactions: TDZHDTV and Capt KO
PS: do NOT directly apply 12v to the USB input. The voltage accepted is negotiated through small voltages on the data bus. If you apply 12v to the hub/AC when it is still expecting 5v, you could blow the hub/AC.

I’m not on commissio....
[/QUOTE

I’ve got the goggles charger which looks to be the same as the Mavic mini charger, it offers various voltages, wouldn’t this negate the need for one of these units assuming the battery can take whichever voltage it wants?
9351C637-1FB7-48CB-8C28-C657E9622028.png

I have a plug-in type car charger for my mini that came with a kit. That said, I still prefer my 2 out/2.5A USB cigarette lighter plug and my own cord. My old truck still has a cig lighter. Wife's van has usb everywhere but no lighter. ? I guess they went the way of the pocket tees

Ok update, I bought one, and.......... it doesnt work,

I ran the battery down to 25%, im guessing thats a low enough voltage for the charger to work, but nothing, no light on it when connected to the battery,

is it a bad unit ?

I bought this charged 2 new batteries in about 30 minutes
27a22ce20636b46512bf44055aae01c3.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
Ok update, I bought one, and.......... it doesnt work,

I ran the battery down to 25%, im guessing thats a low enough voltage for the charger to work, but nothing, no light on it when connected to the battery,

is it a bad unit ?

The seller has refunded me, must have known he sells rubbish stuff
Changed seller and bought another, fingers crossed this one works

I bought this charged 2 new batteries in about 30 minutes
27a22ce20636b46512bf44055aae01c3.jpg

I’ve seen those, I’ve had/got similar for the mavic pro and P3, not sure if charging the batteries in 30 minutes is good for them, I’m sure someone will comment with science at some point

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada