DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you really need a controller? Or get 4 batteries for the same price , $499+ 4X $49 = $695?

Reactions
Anyone has picture of the phone app as controller? Do you really need a separate controller? Or save the money and get 4+ , total of 5 batteries instead?

Your wifi range is about the same as beginner mode... fun? The phone uses wifi and has very limited range. I don't recall as I never plan to use it. I'd replace the control in a heartbeat in fact.

Where do you find $49 batteries? I'd buy several at that price! US currency or ???

No sportmode without the controller either so forget about it in windy conditions when you need a little more power to stay in the air.

Range on wifi limited to 80m out and 50m up. If I remember correctly from their website. Unlikely you'll need 4 batteries with that range...

I have a video that shows the phone app - on an ipad mini....

Basic answer is that you DO want to get the R/C unless you are never going to fly further than maybe 250 feet away (and 150 feet high).

Reactions: spartanMF
I wouldnt consider owning it without an RC...

Here is about the max range - you can see me in the backyard.
DJI_0100.jpg

But thats just with your tablet or phone right? Thats not bad really...I never fly my racers any farther than that.

yes - 499 pkg w iphone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242