DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you tag your drone?

bobmoss

Reactions
I've just got my drone and was wondering if you all tag your drone so that if it gets lost it can be returned?

I was thinking of just putting a simple "If found, please call 0XXXXXXX" sticker on my drone somewhere.

Any better ways of doing this?

Thanks.

Reactions: Studoo
I did that,too on my Drone(s) mentioned reward call-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Reactions: ICHOTT
My name and mobile number

I have my mobile number on in two places plus the IAA registration sticker.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I like the idea of "Reward if found", might tempt someone to actually try and return it than sell it on e-bay!

I am thinking of putting this in the battery compartment:

You have found a DJI Mavic. Anyone in possession of this UAS, Drone, Aircraft, Toy, ect... is subject to strict regulation by Federal, State and local law not to mention extreme aggravation by people who think you are spying on them. Speaking of spying, the company that builds this UAS, Drone, Aircraft, Toy, etc... also sells a device that lets others track your every move. We aren't sure that they can't track it when the battery is removed and they may even be able to watch you through that camera on the end even when it is turned off. IF you thinking of using this yourself, you will be subject to at least 1 firmware upgrade every time you turn it on, and failure to do so will probably turn it into a paperweight. Accepting and completing the firmware update might allow you to fly it, if you live in the dessert and are at least 30 miles away from the nearest road, building, person, dog, cat, spider, worm, fly, ant or one celled amoeba. To expand the locations in which you can fly, you will need to dedicate 8 months of your life studying for a test and drop down a Benjamin and a Half just to take the test (if you fail you drop it down again). If you pass the test you are then considered a certified toy flyer and you can now fly in a whole lot of other places once you get the blessing of the FAA, State Government, Local Government, property owners, and anyone else that might have some kind of regulation against what you are trying to do. Even then you may need a special waiver that Noah asked for when he was trying to fly his drone from the Ark and still has not gotten a response from the FAA about. If you want to come out on top and be saved from all this cost, oversight, regulation, and aggrivation please call me at 555-555-5555 and I will gladly take this piece of junk off your hands and buy you a steak and a beer or two.

I've just got my drone and was wondering if you all tag your drone so that if it gets lost it can be returned?

I was thinking of just putting a simple "If found, please call 0XXXXXXX" sticker on my drone somewhere.

Thanks.

Absolutely,phone and name.Visible,not under battery.

Reactions: bobmoss
Tagged with FAA Registration (for Part 107 operations) and reward notice with phone number on the Mavic's rear arms.

I am thinking of putting this in the battery compartment:

You have found a DJI Mavic. Anyone in possession of this UAS, Drone, Aircraft, Toy, ect... is subject to strict regulation by Federal, State and local law not to mention extreme aggravation by people who think you are spying on them. Speaking of spying, the company that builds this UAS, Drone, Aircraft, Toy, etc... also sells a device that lets others track your every move. We aren't sure that they can't track it when the battery is removed and they may even be able to watch you through that camera on the end even when it is turned off. IF you thinking of using this yourself, you will be subject to at least 1 firmware upgrade every time you turn it on, and failure to do so will probably turn it into a paperweight. Accepting and completing the firmware update might allow you to fly it, if you live in the dessert and are at least 30 miles away from the nearest road, building, person, dog, cat, spider, worm, fly, ant or one celled amoeba. To expand the locations in which you can fly, you will need to dedicate 8 months of your life studying for a test and drop down a Benjamin and a Half just to take the test (if you fail you drop it down again). If you pass the test you are then considered a certified toy flyer and you can now fly in a whole lot of other places once you get the blessing of the FAA, State Government, Local Government, property owners, and anyone else that might have some kind of regulation against what you are trying to do. Even then you may need a special waiver that Noah asked for when he was trying to fly his drone from the Ark and still has not gotten a response from the FAA about. If you want to come out on top and be saved from all this cost, oversight, regulation, and aggrivation please call me at 555-555-5555 and I will gladly take this piece of junk off your hands and buy you a steak and a beer or two.
Your battery compartment must be significantly larger than mine! :p

Thanks.

Cool dog mate :)

I bought these from a UK eBay seller, DM me if you want the details:

7c016ba7c5bc3f81f505448c146fa3a43bd17d5f.jpg

Ok seriously all kidding aside, I put my registration number outboard on the aft are on the starboard side. Inside the bottom of the battery compartment I put my name, address and phone number. I know some would say; Well what if they don't open the battery compartment?. I don't worry about that because if I lose it and someone does happen to find it, then they are going to be curious about it and eventually take the battery off. Which unless it does a gentle landing I would expect it to be in little pieces or the battery may eject in a hard landing. I am not very optomistic about a good outcome from a high altitude crash.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter