DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you use Tripod mode?

fguthrie

Reactions
A few months ago a applied the hack to switch out tripod mode for ATTI mode. In flying in both modes, ATTI mode is a lot more fun for me and does help when shooting video as the drone drifts as it slows down vs hitting the brakes in other modes. I don't want to discount Tripod mode though and I am wonder if other pilots use it very much and if so how? Thanks for sharing.

I use it for landscape photography for its supposed “more stable” positioning. I haven’t proven that but photographers make use of stable platforms. I’m assuming that would go for hyperlapse as well.

Reactions: Lionfish
I use Tripod. ATTI is cool for freeform or drifting, but if you're doing stick movement and want yaw, speed changes, etc. smooth, I use Tripod.

I overloaded Sport to get ATTI. I never used Sport.

I use Tripod. ATTI is cool for freeform or drifting, but if you're doing stick movement and want yaw, speed changes, etc. smooth, I use Tripod.

I overloaded Sport to get ATTI. I never used Sport.
That could work for me. Sport mode is fun, but if I have ATTI mode, do I really need sport? I like the idea of having both ATTI mode and Tripod. I think I will try that for a bit. Thanks - good suggestion.

I use tripod mode flying indoors in large factories. I feel it gives me more control and time to react to "sirprises", like someone opens a big door and wind comes in and starts blowing the drone off course.

Lately, i mount up the prop guards and gimbal protector on my M2P, turn off all the sensors and go to the playground. In tripod, I fly under the slide, under the swings, through the monkey bars, into the kids tunnel and any other tight spot that looks like fun. This is plainly a little risky under any circumstances, but I could not/would not do it without Tripod.

Plus, besides being great fun, it helps me learn where a given obstacle is once it passes out of optical range on the screen.

A few months ago a applied the hack to switch out tripod mode for ATTI mode. In flying in both modes, ATTI mode is a lot more fun for me and does help when shooting video as the drone drifts as it slows down vs hitting the brakes in other modes. I don't want to discount Tripod mode though and I am wonder if other pilots use it very much and if so how? Thanks for sharing.
no. but i altered settings for normal mode to tune it down to have much smoother yaw and overall movements, so it is a mid-way between what normal mode was and a tripod - that works fine. and for need of a faster movement there is a tuned up sport mode and the ATTI mode that uses default normal mode params, so, nothing is lost.

I use tripod more for a steady hand and control but for the fun of it, I have found I can get a pretty good drift especially with wind of course in cinematic modes lowest settings.

WDK

I use tripod when doing Landscape photography, other photographers will also tell you the same thing, more stability, smoother footage, You can also set your Yaw sensitivity, 50 or less for smoother Horizontal panning. If your after
a smoother video, you can also slow down the Gimbal vertical movement via the gimbal Pitch speed settings, use about 10;.
Also, good to remember, in tripod mode, if your low to the ground on hot days, your drone can get HOT really fast.

I'm echoing what most others say; I strictly shoot photos and oftentimes in very wooded or otherwise tightly confined places. Tripod mode can help me launch from a small trail and weave between trees or other obstacles relatively easily to get lined up for a photograph. When photographing I'm usually just making very small and short adjustments to compose/recompose so I don't need the speed of Position or Sport mode. A nice side benefit is that Tripod mode engages the side sensors for increased obstacle avoidance.

I use Tripod mode when flying in tight quarters....an example would be following a stream in heavily wooded areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman