DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anybody else feel DJI are cutting it a bit close with the Low Battery RTH

I am a new member, so please excuse my ignorance.....
I purchased the Mavic Air back in July and so far, I love it....
Not sure what the other models have to increase RTH speed, but the Mavic Air has a “sport” button that increases the travel speed to around 70 kms an hour (44 mph).
Probably by increasing the speed also decreases the battery percentage, but this is what I have been doing for RTH.
BUT......the Mavic Air has a much lower travel range then the Mavic and Mavic Pro.....

you can bet that the smart RTH has a built in reserve ,but the problem is as Sar104 said it doesnt take into account wind speed ,what you can do if you find smart RTH is struggling to get back into the wind, is as soon as you have sight of it is to cancel RTH and if possible descend to a lower level if you can as the wind speed tends to be less as you get closer to the ground,this is why if possible try to do the outwards leg into the wind and then you get the benefit of it on the return journey

Reactions: scooot
Are you sure the target SoC on reaching HP is only 10%? My experience it seems a bit more conservative, like maybe 20% to account for flight variances. 20% can quickly go to 10%, and at 10% it typically lands.

Actually yes - the stock settings are more conservative. The target on-the-ground battery level is the sum of two firmware parameters:

smart_bat_basic_cap = 10% (default)
level1_smart_battert_gohome|g_config_voltage2_level2_smart_battert_gohome = 15% (default)

That gives a value around 25%.

screenshot278.jpg

Reactions: old man mavic
I was surprised at the video tutorials included on the app. Almost all showed the Drone coming back by using return to home instead of flying it manually. Not a good habit to get into.

Reactions: old man mavic
I was surprised at the video tutorials included on the app. Almost all showed the Drone coming back by using return to home instead of flying it manually. Not a good habit to get into.
perhaps its a marketing ploy to show new owners that if they get into problems then not to worry just press RTH and all will be well

but you are right people should learn to fly manually for the day when the tech fails

Reactions: Capt KO
I thought it would be a sum. Almost stated that.
Hey Dan, hope you're having fun with your MM. Using RTH? Did u get Care Refresh? Got it at DJI last night, almost forgot. You know, in case RTH doesn't work in time.

Loads of fun. Did a range test, tested RTH, just flew around. OTG cables came in but after I left for the park so couldn't use a tablet.
My phone just doesn't have enough storage.

I was surprised how well I could see it against the grey sky, and my real world flight time seems longer than my M2. I was going to also fly my M2Z but I was to0 cold.

Just bought Refresh. I'll buy Refresh+ in a few months. R+ effectively extends the warranty on the entire system (except battery and I think remote) to 2 years.

Loads of fun. Did a range test, tested RTH, just flew around. OTG cables came in but after I left for the park so couldn't use a tablet.
My phone just doesn't have enough storage.

I was surprised how well I could see it against the grey sky, and my real world flight time seems longer than my M2. I was going to also fly my M2Z but I was to0 cold.

Just bought Refresh. I'll buy Refresh+ in a few months. R+ effectively extends the warranty on the entire system (except battery and I think remote) to 2 years.
Hi Dan, Where is CR+ offered? Have not seen it even at DJI. You flew with no tablet or phone?

Why? it does not matter if you fly it or the AC flys itself it's just a matter of who thinks there better than the guysuses RTH jesus...

I too usually come closer to home at around 40%. Get my further out shots/against the wind done while I have the power. Then burn to under 30% before landing, as per manual

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman