DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone else get this virus warning from dji go 4 app?

dontcrash!

Reactions
a899740e62f28cb8246a364d7c646a2d.jpg

My cell provider is US Cellular, and my phone comes with their virus protection, which can't be uninstalled...thanks US Cellular.

Anyway, is this something I should worry about? Are the Chinese stealing my info?

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app. I'm new to drones. Just got my mavic last week. Hoping someone else with the dji go 4 app and US Cellular can help give light on my issue.

Reactions: scoobie24
a899740e62f28cb8246a364d7c646a2d.jpg

My cell provider is US Cellular, and my phone comes with their virus protection, which can't be uninstalled...thanks US Cellular.

Anyway, is this something I should worry about? Are the Chinese stealing my info?

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app. I'm new to drones. Just got my mavic last week. Hoping someone else with the dji go 4 app and US Cellular can help give light on my issue.
I have never seen this before. I use iPad mini 2 wifi/cell and a Droid Turbo 2. Verizon. Not sure that's helpful or not.

As long as you are downloading GO4 from Google Play store there is no reason to worry about. Just ignore.

Virus programs can trigger a warning on what they see as "suspicious behaviour". Given the way DJI go 4 integrates with the phone/tablet I'm not surprised that this is happeni g. Im assuming theres no way of telling the virus software to ignore the file?. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the apk file simply the installer? Have you tried allowing the AV software to delete the file and see if the app still runs?

I downloaded it through the play store. And I can't shut off the pop-up virus alerts.

Next time it pops up I'll try to delete it and see what happens

It uninstalls the entire app. I guess I can just ignore it. Super annoying while your flying though. It pops up every minute that the dji app is open. Or open in the background. Only stops when I force close the app.

I found a solution to my problem. Screw flying it with a phone. Bought a 10 inch tablet and tablet holder on amazon. Makes a world of difference flying, and as a bonus, there's no cell provider bloatware on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000