DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone have these soft hard shell liners?

I order from Aliexpress and it took 12 days shipping time. (Michigan) I ordered them on a Thursday (Jan 5th) and they Shipped out on Monday. Lucky maybe but was pleasantly surprised. They fit well and do not take up more space in my back back.

I ordered them a few days ago. Can't wait to get them. I have a camera type backpack with padded partitions I am going to throw my Mavic in, but these types of cases will give my remote and the Mavic that extra bit of protection and provide the option to travel with in any type bag or backpack without worry.

By the way, I only see one picture.
If you click on the picture it will take you to a new page with all the other pictures.

I ordered both cases through AliExpress on 12/29/16 and they were shipped on 1/3/17 but I still have not yet received in the USA. I paid through PayPal and AliExpress has a delivery protection/confirmed goods received process that is good for thirty days. I messaged them last week through the iPhone app and they responded quickly. They gave me an excuse about due to the holiday but there still hasn't been any status update. However, they did extend my delivery protection another 30 days . I have another message in asking about cancelling and reordering. It's $30 bucks and not the end of the world but these two cases are exactly what I want.

I ordered both cases through AliExpress on 12/29/16 and they were shipped on 1/3/17 but I still have not yet received in the USA. I paid through PayPal and AliExpress has a delivery protection/confirmed goods received process that is good for thirty days. I messaged them last week through the iPhone app and they responded quickly. They gave me an excuse about due to the holiday but there still hasn't been any status update. However, they did extend my delivery protection another 30 days . I have another message in asking about cancelling and reordering. It's $30 bucks and not the end of the world but these two cases are exactly what I want.

You try tracking it? mine showed up on USPS tracking after a couple of days. Could be in customs?

Someone mentioned further up they don't seem to take PayPal? - which is why I won't use them too (apart from slowness)

Someone mentioned further up they don't seem to take PayPal? - which is why I won't use them too (apart from slowness)
We are each different, but I have had great success with AliExpress. Sometimes a little slow, but by the time you find them elsewhere that also takes PayPal, you could have them and be using them.

You try tracking it? mine showed up on USPS tracking after a couple of days. Could be in customs?

Yes, it says the same thing since Jan. 5th. "processed through facility" in some name I can't pronounce China.

This is how mine was
empty.png

delivered
  • Updated Delivery Day: Saturday, January 21, 2017

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • First-Class Package International Service
Features:
    • Small Packets

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
January 21, 2017 , 12:51 pm

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

GROSSE POINTE, MI 48236

Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 12:51 pm on January 21, 2017 in GROSSE POINTE, MI 48236.

January 21, 2017 , 9:23 am

Out for Delivery

GROSSE POINTE, MI 48236

January 21, 2017 , 9:13 am

Sorting Complete

GROSSE POINTE, MI 48236

January 21, 2017 , 6:31 am

Arrived at Unit

GROSSE POINTE, MI 48236

January 20, 2017 , 4:58 pm

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

ALLEN PARK, MI 48101

January 20, 2017 , 7:05 am

In Transit to Destination

January 19, 2017 , 12:05 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

CHICAGO, IL 60701

January 18, 2017 , 9:54 pm

Processed Through Facility

ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

January 10, 2017 , 10:30 am

Processed Through Facility

GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA

January 9, 2017 , 11:52 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

I'm in Wisconsin and ordered two weeks before you so I'm pretty sure it's lost. I rechecked and I ordered through AMEX and not Paypal, but I am sure I'll get my money back. I'll wait to hear what their reply is then cancel and reorder.

What was the name of the company on your order? Mine says Motive Power Air Remodel as the store.

I have had hundreds of orders with aliexpress over the last 8 years or so and have never had a problem. I always use PayPal for added protection. The suppliers don't get their money from aliexpress until you tick off the order as received and ok.
Yes, it says the same thing since Jan. 5th. "processed through facility" in some name I can't pronounce China.

I've got these too. They smelled pretty bad initially, but that's gone now. Just the perfect way to get the Mavic on an adventure - wtf people buy such a portable drone and put it in a heavy duty suitcase for us quite beyond me!

I've got these too. They smelled pretty bad initially, but that's gone now. Just the perfect way to get the Mavic on an adventure - wtf people buy such a portable drone and put it in a heavy duty suitcase for us quite beyond me!
Exactly! That's why I switch from the phantom series. In a camera backpack I can store the mavic and all the stuff including the iPad and mount. Custom made floats for over water. A osmo Plus with mini tripod and other excessiories. Plus the GoPro and stuff for that. The big tripod fits on the outside of the bag.

All this in the same space as the hard back pack I had for just the P3

Reactions: ghedgepath
SUITCASE..... hahahhahhaha, most of us are using a SMALL 11" x 13" x 5-1/2" hard case...... and if you consider that a suitcase, then you travel real light :D. I use my case to STORE my drone with most of the required accessories..... so when I go out I have what I need.

When my Drone suitcase is not a viable option, I plan on buying these mini cases to do the job (motorcycle, backpack etc)

wtf people buy such a portable drone and put it in a heavy duty suitcase for us quite beyond me!

SUITCASE..... hahahhahhaha, most of us are using a SMALL 11" x 13" x 5-1/2" hard case...... and if you consider that a suitcase, then you travel real light :D. I use my case to STORE my drone with most of the required accessories..... so when I go out I have what I need.

When my Drone suitcase is not a viable option, I plan on buying these mini cases to do the job (motorcycle, backpack etc)
Hahaha [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
I knew that would get a bite!

But yeah I do travel light - you can see in this little vid the rucksack it lives in, nobody would ever think I had such a powerful piece of technology in there...

With the drone flying, the rc case fits inside the drone case, just as it does when posted to you. No hesitation in recommending these cases.

Reactions: skypros
This is what I end up doing to mine since items don't fit very tight, the controller case is even worse.
So I cut a few pieces of soft foam and glued them in place to make it even more cushioned.
20170124_191859.jpg 20170124_192202.jpg

Reactions: MavicMo and NoPro
I'm in Wisconsin and ordered two weeks before you so I'm pretty sure it's lost. I rechecked and I ordered through AMEX and not Paypal, but I am sure I'll get my money back. I'll wait to hear what their reply is then cancel and reorder.

What was the name of the company on your order? Mine says Motive Power Air Remodel as the store.

I am in the same boat. Located in Washington, DC. Ordered from the same outfit on Jan. 2nd, started an inquiry on the 19th because my tracking number had not updated since the 4th when it processed through a sorting center. They said to be patient and extended the delivery window. Messaged them again yesterday and now it's the Chinese New Year and they said they will get back to me soon. That means the week of Feb. 6th.

Its not much money, but becoming frustrated.

Let me know if you get yours.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25