DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard Shell Case like the original Mavic Air - does it exist yet?

CanadaDrone

Reactions
Has anyone found a hard shell case for the M3P (just the drone itself)? I am looking for one like what came with the original Mavic Air. I don't like putting my drones "loose" in any kind of bag where the props could catch on something or where there is no actual protection, nor do I always want to use a full sized hard case with foam cutouts. I feel much more comfortable tucking the drone into my camera bag, backpack, pocket, or whatever else if it's in a case that prevents movement and offers some physical protection.

I've been looking around at all the usual places with no luck but maybe someone has come across something I haven't.

For those who may not be aware, the Mavic Air came with a hard shell case like this, and the interior was molded to precisely fit the drone:

217321246.jpg

Has anyone found a hard shell case for the M3P (just the drone itself)? I am looking for one like what came with the original Mavic Air. I don't like putting my drones "loose" in any kind of bag where the props could catch on something or where there is no actual protection, nor do I always want to use a full sized hard case with foam cutouts. I feel much more comfortable tucking the drone into my camera bag, backpack, pocket, or whatever else if it's in a case that prevents movement and offers some physical protection.

I've been looking around at all the usual places with no luck but maybe someone has come across something I haven't.

For those who may not be aware, the Mavic Air came with a hard shell case like this, and the interior was molded to precisely fit the drone:

217321246.jpg

Reactions: CanadaDrone

Thanks. Looks like it's unavailable at the moment but I have seen that brand before on Amazon Canada so I will keep an eye out for it.

Ahh that case brings back memories...

I used to use an old headphones 🎧 case for current M3Pro before my flymore turned up, was a perfect fit (ish)!

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_194734.jpg
    IMG_20220605_194734.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
Ahh that case brings back memories...

I used to use an old headphones 🎧 case for current M3Pro before my flymore turned up, was a perfect fit (ish)!

That's a clever solution indeed. For me however I am very picky about it being built specifically for the drone so everything is held perfectly in place with no movement. I suppose your prop guard takes care of most of that though.

I am curious: since DJI refuses to bring back phone-only control or Smart Capture, what is the point of the drone only case? It made sense for the original Air and I use it all of the time (which is why I'll never get rid of mine. I just don't get the point of a case for just the drone if you will always need to use it with a seperate controller. This is not a troll; I seriously am interested.

I am curious: since DJI refuses to bring back phone-only control or Smart Capture, what is the point of the drone only case? It made sense for the original Air and I use it all of the time (which is why I'll never get rid of mine. I just don't get the point of a case for just the drone if you will always need to use it with a seperate controller. This is not a troll; I seriously am interested.

The only reason I want one is because when I put the drone in a bag, I don't want it loose where the props could catch on something when I pull it out or whatever. It also provides a solid barrier around the drone if the bag it's in gets bumped or dropped. I'm also incredibly picky about keeping my gear in as-new condition for as long as I own it, so it gives me some peace of mind there too :D

Located in China so will post to you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga