DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard case or zippered case ?

skered53-464

Reactions
The Air 2 came to me in a zippered case and holds the quad, controller and 2 extra batts. Cramming the charger and extra blade set and charger in the zippered cover seems like over crowding. So I'm eyeing a larger shell type case. "

Smatree 9.7L Hard Carrying Case Compatible with DJI Air 2S / DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo​

or this

RLSOCO Carrying Case for DJI Air 2S / Mavic Air 2 Combo - Fits for DJI RC Pro Controller/Smart Controller/Air 2s Controller​

What's y'all's experience re shell type vs Pelican style hard cases ??

The Air 2 came to me in a zippered case and holds the quad, controller and 2 extra batts. Cramming the charger and extra blade set and charger in the zippered cover seems like over crowding. So I'm eyeing a larger shell type case. "

Smatree 9.7L Hard Carrying Case Compatible with DJI Air 2S / DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo​

or this

RLSOCO Carrying Case for DJI Air 2S / Mavic Air 2 Combo - Fits for DJI RC Pro Controller/Smart Controller/Air 2s Controller​

What's y'all's experience re shell type vs Pelican style hard cases ??
It all depends if you want convenience & flexibility or maximum protection.

You can throw (gently!) a shell case in a backpack and they’re lightweight. Pelican cases by comparison are very rigid, heavy & bulky but provide the best protection against rampaging elephants, floods and hurricanes.

I‘be travelled over 30,000 miles with an M2P by foot, car, airplane and bike in a Lowepro BMP 200 backpack in hot, cold, humid and occasionally wet weather and not a scratch on the drone, controller, iPad, iPhone or batteries.

Reactions: DougMcC
I have hard cases for all but gotta say I am not using them ,I combined the Mini 3p and the air2s with the screen controller 2 hours of battery for each drone into a Camera Backpack and all with enough room for props screwdriver set and more .It works for me

K&F CONCEPT Camera Backpack Waterproof Photography Storage Bag Comfortable with Removable Divider Lock Buckle Camera Bag Outdoor​

I actually use both hard and backpack cases, but if I had to choose only one I would go with a hard case. Traveling in vehicles or other transportation you get the maximum protection in a hard case, plus it keeps your items nearly organized.

I have both hard shell and zippered cases. A lot depends on the level of protection needed. With my M2P, I have the zippered case, shown below. It's fine to carry around for a few minutes. For day excursions I usually repack what I need into the DJI case that came with the M2P's FMC. With the soft bag I don't try to pack everything that came with the drone and FMC. I can carry my M2P and necessities on my shoulder all day.

For smaller drones, if you are innovative, you can create layers within the case that carries a full compliment of accessories in a small package. It isn't something that you'd want to carry on your shoulder all day, but will fit in a reasonably sized backpack.

If I were flying and had to let the airlines put it in cargo I would use the hard case... but the batteries have to go on board with you.

1672941123611.png
apache2800_CaseHack_sm.jpg

Attachments

• Dacckit_AmazonPic.JPG
    Dacckit_AmazonPic.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 5
  • ApacheCase_3800v2.jpg
    ApacheCase_3800v2.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 5
The hard case shown above is nice.I have the air 2 and am using the soft case that came in the fly more bundle.
Because for me I keep it inside my backpack for use and storage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne