DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone know how to change flight parameters?

LtCdrSmith

Reactions
I'm having issues increasing the range at which my Mavic Pro will fly. I have no idea how to change that. Will only fly to a height of 160 feet. I've tried everything

You need to state exactly what problems you're facing, post is too vague. What distance can you reach? What distance are you trying to achieve? Do you mean you can only get 160ft high? If so, check your max height setting in Go4 or Litchi, whichever you use.

I'm having issues increasing the range at which my Mavic Pro will fly. I have no idea how to change that. Will only fly to a height of 160 feet. I've tried everything
160 is the max flight height. Can not change it in DJI go 4 app, nor on the controller. Am I doing something wrong?

You really have to be more specific about what you mean. Do you mean that you cannot find the maximum flight altitude setting in the DJI GO 4 app, or you found it but you don't know how to change it, or you changed it but it didn't have any effect?

IMG_3220.PNG

Reactions: BaiLongHoi and RonW
I have read the manual. The question is, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE PARAMETERS? I don't have the option in WIFI, obviously, and I do not know how to change it on the controller. With my Mavic Mini I can change these settings.

I have read the manual. The question is, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE PARAMETERS? I don't have the option in WIFI, obviously, and I do not know how to change it on the controller. With my Mavic Mini I can change these settings.
I think in wifi it’s locked to those as max settings. And in wifi it’s not using the controller, it’s straight from the phone. Have you checked the switch on the aircraft is not in wifi? There is no switch or similar on the controller- the controller does not use wifi. From memory the mini only uses wifi? The mavic pro uses ocusync (spelling?) OR wifi. So you can fly directly from you phone if you wish (but with much reduced performance/range).

You really should heed the advice given here, sar104 is a legend on this forum - his knowledge is vast. Again, check the switch on side of Mavic, make sure it is not in wifi mode. I have the M1P and have flown 1000ft vlos no problem. I know it'll go further but I can't see it further than that.

Max height is 30 meters in sport mode with the controller, and about 250 away from the remote.
And the switch under the flap is def not on wifi? On side of drone. Try switching it to the other position, start up, try, switch it back etc. To see any difference.
Very small switch...

This is what I am talking about. In the DJI app, it does not allow me to change the Maximum flight altitude & Radius Limits. Refer to earlier post...

Maximum flight altitude and radius limits may be changed in the DJI GO 4 app. Be aware that the maximum flight altitude cannot exceed 1640 feet (500 meters). In accordance with these settings, your Mavic Pro will fly in a restricted cylinder, as shown below:

This is what I am talking about. In the DJI app, it does not allow me to change the Maximum flight altitude & Radius Limits. Refer to earlier post...

Maximum flight altitude and radius limits may be changed in the DJI GO 4 app. Be aware that the maximum flight altitude cannot exceed 1640 feet (500 meters). In accordance with these settings, your Mavic Pro will fly in a restricted cylinder, as shown below:

That's correct and, as has been pointed out numerous times now, what you are seeing is due to being in wifi mode. If you were in regular RC mode you would see the settings screen that I showed in post #4. So just repeating that you cannot change the settings isn't going to get you anywhere - the problem is the control mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60