DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone use PhotoPills?

Thanks bud, I have a lot on my plate for the next few days but will definitely crack open the pdf soon!
Thanks again,
Randy

Reactions: Advocate
G.Randy Brown and I are the dummies here I guess. For the past 30 minutes I have been looking through the app and I downloaded the 253 e book. I tried to read it. I felt like I was back at the University of Michigan Physics class. E.g.: totally lost and at sea. Now mind you, I am a retired physician, I went to U. Illinois Pharmacy School and got a B.S. Pharmacy, then went to the the same University Medical School, got an M.D. degree and was on the dean's list. Then I did an eye surgery residency and practiced ocular surgery and medicine for 38 years. Photo Pills is harder! I finally gave up on it. I can find other things to occupy my time, like reading War and Peace or Dostoyevsky. The videos that come with the download go super fast. I cannot pause or freeze them fast enough. Terrible teaching. I would give these videos a D - (e.g.: D minus). The inventor and narrator is a terrible teacher too. All in all, I would summarize it by saying something un-publishable here like F... It!

It's a bit off topic I know, but Dale I think you're a class act. Keep it up, and thanks. (btw, my youngest boy is 2nd year med school, probably ophthalmology - he's published research,, case studies, etc on the subject, spent tons of time with practitioners).

I use
Sun surveyor ‎Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon)

Terrain radar altimeter 2

Aura Smart weather for drones

Those are my 3 go to apps before flying.
I also check UAV Forecast as well.

Thanks for the recommendation of Terrain Radar Altimeter 2. It looks promising and I will test it out and my upgrade if it works well.

Reactions: Advocate
I have tried to use PhotoPills, PlanIt Pro and TPE apps on iOS. TPE was the first app I got for landscape photo scouting. The others seem to have more bells and whistles, if you can figure the all out. I keep going back to TPE and they also have a website to do your scouting as well at photoephemeris.com. There is also a separate app call TPE 3D for scouting a location in AR. The same developer also has an App called Photo Transit but I feel that Theodolite does better job as a transit. Thanks to Advocate above, I have now added Terrain Radar Altimeter 2 to my arsenal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun