DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone use skin wraps for their Air 2?

Heindrich1988

Reactions
I love my Air 2, but I got to admit, compared to the Air 1 and its bigger cousins like the Mavic 2 Pro, it is probably the least beautiful Mavic drone. ? I know that's subjective, but I'm not a fan of the grey colour and the huge "eyes" at the front.

So... I was looking at some wraps to beautify my Air 2 a bit and also help to distinguish it from others' drones if/when I go on another drone trip with other Mavic enthusiasts.

Here's the sort of thing I found:

WeChat Image_20201003171057B.jpg

WeChat Image_20201003171710.jpg

Does anyone use anything like this? Does it look tacky in real life? Does it interfere with the normal operation and maintenance of the drone in any way?

In the first picture, it looks like they've stuck the wrap to the props too, I personally wouldn't risk it in case it peels lose and messes with the props in-flight.

You might want to Consider adding some Function and Color :

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on Water.

I have wrapped mine in Wrapgrade Super Red. I does not change the flight characteristics of the drone, and makes it more visible than the standard grey colour

Reactions: Wrapgrade
Doubt I’ll ever wrap mine, but I really like this one:
View attachment 114323

Wow I love the variety on offer at that website! You can even design your own! It looks good quality too... though for $28.64 you'd be very disappointed if it was not.

I was tempted to order one but I have no idea if they can even post to China and how long it would take.

In the end I looked for the best wraps available on the Chinese online platforms. Unfortunately the variety is nowhere near what DecalGirl has to offer, but hopefully the quality is comparable.

Initially I was going for a bright red...

f6e449eb4200fb88.jpg

But the grey showing beneath the red is really ugly and makes it look quite tacky.

So then I consider a camo pattern:

41eb41ea4a60398e.jpg

... But given how paranoid the public is of Chinese drones, I figured it was probably not wise for a Chinaman to fly a military-looking drone in the UK. ?

So I went for something a bit boring:

46c0b7fafb42b078.jpg

It doesn't achieve my goal of making it easy to spot in the air. But the white does look better on top of the grey compared to a contrasting colour... And at least it does help to distinguish from other peoples' MA2s.

Doubt I’ll ever wrap mine, but I really like this one:
I had that one and when I sent my drone and controller to DJI they replaced both the drone and controller. I'm not complaining too much but I sure liked it and it took me so long to make it..I do still have the Batteries. Red Baron.jpg

Reactions: Heindrich1988
I wrapped my MA2 with a DecalGirl Combustion wrap. new skin for MA2.jpg MA2 case in sm.jpg MA2 flight3.jpgMA2 flight2.jpg
We enjoy the look and the improved visibility. No compromise in flight characteristics, that we notice. It takes some patience to wrap, but worth the time and individualizes the copter. Wish you well in your decisions and flights.

Not a MA2 but it’s available, it’s actually pretty easy to see, wrapgrade

Attachments

• E3117549-0459-4A02-899E-D59AD23B9E03.jpeg
    E3117549-0459-4A02-899E-D59AD23B9E03.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
I wrapped my old spark with a decal girl skin and loved it. No issues with it peeling for the year I had it like that before selling it. I currently have my eyes on two wraps from decal girl I’m trying to choose between and will be wrapping my MA2 soon. I wouldn’t consider wrapping the propellers like in one of those pics but no issue with the drone.

Unfortunately, my wrapping project was a bit of a disaster. Not sure if what I ordered was counterfeit, or if the product is just generally low quality, but the alignment is not great, the glue not very strong and the wrap is too stiff, so it keeps peeling when wrapped around uneven surfaces.

WeChat Image_20201007013154.jpg

*sigh* how I wish DJI just released official high quality skins.

This is my latest one but I’ve done 3 now from decal girl. It’s fun to do and I like change.
8DEDEBFF-91C2-48C1-8BAE-5DB563E72F23.jpeg

Reactions: Lecheeb and MA2 317
Unfortunately, my wrapping project was a bit of a disaster. Not sure if what I ordered was counterfeit, or if the product is just generally low quality, but the alignment is not great, the glue not very strong and the wrap is too stiff, so it keeps peeling when wrapped around uneven surfaces.

Did you use a hair dryer to warm it up and press it down? That helps on all of them I believe.. may solve the problem!

Reactions: Heindrich1988

View attachment 114548

Recommend Wrapgrade ( @Wrapgrade ) Thicker, better coverage, and custom is available. Try to email/text with Ririko. She is immensely helpful.

Mine from decalgirl for 23usd is great. Just had problems with one area on a concave surface. Razor blade cut fixed it. Lots of rubbing for a couple of days! Will likely get another from them at some point now that I've done it once.

Mine from decalgirl for 23usd is great. Just had problems with one area on a concave surface. Razor blade cut fixed it. Lots of rubbing for a couple of days! Will likely get another from them at some point now that I've done it once.
Tellin' ya, a hair dryer solves all the little challenges you encounter when installing the decals.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78